Hi
    I really need some help, please. I've done a Security Wipe on my Playbook, as wanted it back to Factory Settings.

However, it now has absolutely NO apps. The only icon displayed is 'Settings', which I've done. What can I do next to set this up as a 'new' Playbook? I was able to update the OS but still no apps/icons displayed.

Please can someone guide me as to the next steps? I would very much appreciate any help. Thanks
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-17-14 03:43 AM
    If you have a PC , use BlackBerry Desktop software to reload the software. We call it a debrick. To initiate it, power down the Playbook, start BlackBerry Desktop software and then plug the PlayBook into the USB. When it asks if you want to wait for it to reboot or repair the PlayBook, choose repair.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-17-14 07:35 AM
    Check for updates in settings.
    02-17-14 10:49 AM
    Hi
    I really need some help, please. I've done a Security Wipe on my Playbook, as wanted it back to Factory Settings.

However, it now has absolutely NO apps. The only icon displayed is 'Settings', which I've done. What can I do next to set this up as a 'new' Playbook? I was able to update the OS but still no apps/icons displayed.

Please can someone guide me as to the next steps? I would very much appreciate any help. Thanks
    Oh hello again likkle gooseberry. How are you these days. This happened to me a while ago due to me not checking the battery level before I did the security wipe. Your pb won't play correctly when loading the OS if the battery level is below 17%. To be on the safe side connect to the charger but it still won't work until it's over 17% see eh. Your pb will also need a reasonable strength wifi signal to connect to but just to be on the safe side install the new OS again through your PC preferably connected through bb Link and not bb Desktop.

Any more problems you likkle green devil you and you knows where we all is eh?

ps I is bought a boat/ship now (depending on who you ask).
    02-17-14 01:36 PM
    Thanks s-o-m, good to hear from you. Yes, I'm still a 'likkle' green devil

I appreciate all the advice. It's 'all wite' now! I now have icons just as it should have for a factory reset. That's the first time I've done that, be it on PC, tablet, phone or anything else!!! It seemed a bit hairy, but what can you expect from a gooseberry, apart from crumble.

Hey, S-o-M, congratulations on buying a boat/ship/barge/canoe/dingy/paddle steamer .... If you want water to sail on, best you come down South, eh? Seems to be plenty down here. And to think we usually have a hose pipe ban down here ...!!!! Don't think they can go for that again this summer, do you? Hope your 'vessel' is keeping you dry and just above the tide. Does your boat have a cellar? Not sure you'd manage without a cellar ....

Thanks guys, for your help
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-17-14 03:35 PM
    Thanks s-o-m, good to hear from you. Yes, I'm still a 'likkle' green devil

I appreciate all the advice. It's 'all wite' now! I now have icons just as it should have for a factory reset. That's the first time I've done that, be it on PC, tablet, phone or anything else!!! It seemed a bit hairy, but what can you expect from a gooseberry, apart from crumble.

Hey, S-o-M, congratulations on buying a boat/ship/barge/canoe/dingy/paddle steamer .... If you want water to sail on, best you come down South, eh? Seems to be plenty down here. And to think we usually have a hose pipe ban down here ...!!!! Don't think they can go for that again this summer, do you? Hope your 'vessel' is keeping you dry and just above the tide. Does your boat have a cellar? Not sure you'd manage without a cellar ....

Thanks guys, for your help
    Is there anywhere further South than Key West? Oh and I already live by the sea as well? Pop in anytime your passing but not this week as I am in Nepal!

Have done Security Wipe; Now stuck, no apps only 'Settings'  What next, please?-img_00000082.jpg
    02-18-14 06:50 AM
    Ah ha! So you've left the country then. Will they let you back in, I wonder? They could do with your boat in the South-West (England - UK) as I'm sure you know! You wouldn't even need to go to the coast to find enough water!!! Fortunately, we're not so bad, where I am, but those folks will be living a nightmare just now.

Hope you're not too hot in Key West then, although Nepal just now. Just a bit too far for popping over but thanks for the invite!!!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-18-14 09:54 AM
    Ah ha! So you've left the country then. Will they let you back in, I wonder? They could do with your boat in the South-West (England - UK) as I'm sure you know! You wouldn't even need to go to the coast to find enough water!!! Fortunately, we're not so bad, where I am, but those folks will be living a nightmare just now.

Hope you're not too hot in Key West then, although Nepal just now. Just a bit too far for popping over but thanks for the invite!!!
    You can always borrow the boat/ship (depending on who you ask) and sail here? Well not Nepal its a bit hilly but Key West is flat!

Have done Security Wipe; Now stuck, no apps only 'Settings'  What next, please?-squadron-78-custom-fairline-boats-miami-yacht-brokerage-show.jpg
    02-18-14 01:11 PM
    You can always borrow the boat/ship (depending on who you ask) and sail here? Well not Nepal its a bit hilly but Key West is flat!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Squadron-78-CUSTOM-by-Fairline-Boats-at-the-Miami-Yacht-Brokerage-Show.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	249043
    Why do we see mountains behind "your" boat?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-19-14 11:38 AM
    Why do we see mountains behind "your" boat?
    Why ask me? Ask the phototographer see eh?
    02-19-14 11:41 AM