The new Poynt update supports GPS location...things seem to be getting better
    06-10-11 07:38 AM
    This is not necessarily Poynt related. Location is related to whether the PB internal GPS is accurate and is used by other location related apps. When you have one such app open then the others use the GPS data immediately. If you have the PB turned off-on then try to locate, GPS will take a long time to fix the location.

When I get my usual GPS fix at over 15 miles off actual location it is still the same fix on Poynt and others. Until the GPS on the PB is fixed there will still be problems with all GPS related apps.
    06-10-11 07:51 AM
    I still haven't been successful getting the GPS to work.
    And yes I know about the Compass App workaround.
    06-10-11 08:12 AM
    My GPS works fine now. Poynt found my exact location fairly quickly. I live on a private road and it still got it right to within a few feet. Google Maps did too.
    06-10-11 08:17 AM
    I just fired up Poynt for the first time in weeks. It found me at a house across the street in less than a minute - close enough. The gps had not been tried since I did the OS security wipe yesterday.

Pastorbrad: You have given it a good try out in an open field and tried for half hour to hour?
    06-10-11 10:06 AM
    GPS is still a POS on my PB! They need to hurry up and fix it!!!!
    06-10-11 10:21 AM
    Mine has been instant since the last update.
    06-10-11 10:33 AM
    Not sure what the "Compass workaround" referred to is, but I still don't see people reminding others that the antenna is in the lower right corner (in landscape mode) and you have to make sure not to grasp that with your hand, or otherwise cover it, when trying to get a good reading.
    06-10-11 10:37 AM
    Mine has been instant since the last update.
    I wish, that lame Compass workaround doesn't work for me, so it makes it all the more frustrating!!!!!
    06-10-11 10:38 AM
    My Playbook Gps is still operating sporadically at best. Hope this issue gets fixed soon! Otherwise, still loving my PB!
    06-10-11 10:39 AM
    nope poynt is still broke for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD