Well I was just browsing keyboards that may be usable with the playbook, and I ran across this one. But they are sold out everywhere. I wonder if this was a scheme, or a scam, or if the item even exists.

If you google "State of the Art Wireless Keyboard Perfect for use with Blackberry Playbook" without the "" you should see what I'm talking about.

Amazon.com: State of the Art Wireless Keyboard Perfect for use with Blackberry Playbook + Vangoddy Live*Laugh*Love Wristband: Toys & Games

The manufacturer may be called Sumaclife but I can't find a website for them. I was just hoping someone had one so I could the quality of it.
    01-21-12 10:45 PM
    I'm waiting for the official BlackBerry branded Bluetooth PlayBook keyboard. It was shown off in the video Kevin posted of the BlackBerry police cruiser, lol, when he got arrested for running out of RIM HQ with a Bold 9900. LMAO

No coverage of this elusive but cool accessory since that time, I don't think there has been anyway.

Illusive - illusion

Elusive - hidden

This could be both, lol!

Peace.
    Last edited by buckwylder; 01-25-12 at 06:59 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-22-12 12:12 AM
    I've not seen that one before. The info on Amazon says not in stock. But I'm not looking at any other keyboards now. I got a mini keyboard with a touchpad for Christmas and love it. And because of my experience with it, I'll not buy another without a touchpad. I love it for precise navigation and selection. I'm a slow typer on a regular keypad, but can type very fast on a mini keyboard phone style, thumbs, like I do on the PB. Now that a BB phone can be used as a remote when 2.0 arrives, I won't need a keyboard at all.

I know there are normal people out there that love larger keyboards, so I hope the BB case/keyboard comes out soon. I have read mixed reviews on some of the already available combo case/keyboards, so search the forums. Good luck.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-22-12 03:01 AM
    I too am going to wait for the BB keyboard/case and see what the price range will be. Don't know when the remote for the 9810 will be available.
    01-22-12 03:21 AM
    I'm waiting for the official BlackBerry branded Bluetooth PlayBook keyboard. It was shown off in the video Kevin posted of the BlackBerry police cruiser, lol, when he got arrested for running out of RIM HQ with a Bold 9900. LMAO

No coverage of this illusive but cool accessory since that time, I don't think there has been anyway.

Peace.
    Me too. Even then, I will want to see it demonstrated with my own eyes before I buy it. It will have to work flawlessly or I won't have any use for it.
    01-22-12 10:22 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I've seen many mixed reviews, but most of them were negative. I'll have to test it out RIM's keyboard when Best Buy gets them and any other keyboards they have. After finding a good one I'll just buy it someone cheaper haha
    01-24-12 10:35 PM
    I can vouch for the Hip Street Bluetooth keyboard which comes with the BlackBerry PlayBook Portfolio Case as seen here. The battery life and stand-by charge are exceptionally good. The only negative comment pertains to the included documentation which seems to cover an earlier version or perhaps the Apple iPad version. This combination (64GB tablet with case and keyboard) is very handy for research sessions at the library or via the intrawebs, as well as working on reports (career and academic) and homework assignments (academic and professional development). And I with two tablets I can leave one in this case and the other (16GB tablet) in the Hip Street Leather Executive Case (zipper closure). How ever did I function without the BlackBerry PlayBook?
    xKrNMBoYx and svelt like this.
    01-24-12 10:56 PM
    Has anyone heard anything on the official OEM bluetooth keyboard. I like my keypad on my phone when bridged, but I still would like this accessory. It's to KOOL to overlook.
    02-28-12 08:02 AM
    I wouldn't even think of buying a keyboard with the phone working as a remote now. I love how the remote works.
    02-28-12 08:05 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I've seen many mixed reviews, but most of them were negative. I'll have to test it out RIM's keyboard when Best Buy gets them and any other keyboards they have. After finding a good one I'll just buy it someone cheaper haha
    I'd be very careful on those reviews. As far as I know the BB keyboard was not released and there is one on amazon that is claiming to be blackberry playbook keyboard but is not and it received poor reviews.
    02-28-12 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD