I was just interested to see if anyone has bought one. If some people actually download these maybe I will stop cursing everytime I go to see what is new in AppWorld.
    11-14-11 04:21 AM
    Yes, I have. They aren't the best apps to read from, but I have titles that I might not have had if not for the app. I wish Rim would simply make a "book" section like they did for that one single "theme"!
    11-14-11 05:35 AM
    Yes, I have. They aren't the best apps to read from, but I have titles that I might not have had if not for the app. I wish Rim would simply make a "book" section like they did for that one single "theme"!
    I just checked this out and lo and behold there is a "Reference and eBooks" section in app world... I had no idea. Guess they had to put em somewhere.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-14-11 06:09 AM
    I just checked this out and lo and behold there is a "Reference and eBooks" section in app world... I had no idea. Guess they had to put em somewhere.
    True that. I guess I meant (only 1/2 cup of coffee at the time!) that as they come out, it would be nice if they had their own "new ebooks" section. It's a bit frustrating to check the new apps section and all these easily produced ebooks flood the page. I'm not sure if they even truly could be called "new apps"!
    11-14-11 06:24 AM
    True that. I guess I meant (only 1/2 cup of coffee at the time!) that as they come out, it would be nice if they had their own "new ebooks" section. It's a bit frustrating to check the new apps section and all these easily produced ebooks flood the page. I'm not sure if they even truly could be called "new apps"!
    Research In Motion has no interest in quality control much less keeping these so-called apps out of BlackBerry App World. Digi-media, I think is the name of the company, is the App World equivalent of an email spammer. A permanent ban from submitting "apps" would be appropriate. Personally, I would roast their nuts over a Bunsen burner.
    robtanz, KermEd, FF22 and 2 others like this.
    11-14-11 08:07 AM
    I can't stand them. the books are ugly as sin, they release a million of them a day. I seriously hope OS2 breaks every single book they have, and they have to revisit them. It is their own ignorance that will set them up for failure.

I agree about a book section being helpful. But at this point this lazy company should build a single app to house their apps so we don't get a spam of ugly book releases in the news updates on the PlayBook.

I woudl not be surprised if this affects other people sales as well, because if your app looks similar to their books as an icon I'm not clicking on it.

But really - why is it necessary for them to have that ugly yellow image for every book?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-14-11 08:36 AM
    I admit I haven't looked at every one, or even many of them, but the 2-3 times I've skimmed over the titles at all, every one of them I either recognized as a classic out-of-copyright book that I could get for free from several places, or one that looked like it was probably one of the same and I'd just never heard of it.
    11-14-11 09:52 AM
    There is actually a discussion about this in the blackberry beta forums. They (RIM) are trying to find a way to deal with the situation without causing legal wrangling. My suggestion is to email the company. I have, with no success (obviously), in fact I feel they outright ignored me, but at this moment in time, that is our primary course if action. But RIM is aware of the problem, and looking for solutions.
    KRol likes this.
    11-14-11 10:01 AM
    If one looks around you will see that many of those books are available free, at various free e-book web sites. A lot of these titles are off copyright, and available in several different e-book formats. The problem i see with these books are that they are each wrapped within an application for the playbook. You could not lend them share them even though they are off copyright. Nor use them on a different reader. Also each book is an app. Buy multiple books, you have multiple copies of the app. Wastefull in my opinion. With a Nook, I can loan my books. Sync them to Laptop or other devices (except BB, and PB). I think similar things can be done with the Kindle. I would rather buy better $0.99 or more books from Barns and Noble or Amazon than these books even though I don't yet have a Nook or Kindle reader on the Playbook.
    11-14-11 10:06 AM
    No I haven't because the ones I would have been interested in, I'd already gotten for free elsewhere. I have a Kindle and as MedChemist has stated above, I can share those books as well. Wouldn't waste my money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-11 11:12 AM
    Nope, not I.
    11-14-11 11:26 AM
    Nope. Some apps just make me angry like the ones that are showing today: Messi The Football Glory, this one its a book, and it first made app world like six months ago in spanish and for free, now its all over in several languages and they charge 5 dollars each, nonsense!
    11-14-11 04:01 PM
    I contacted them as well for the same issues. They ignored me as well. Bu they dont care much about the community so im not surprised.
    11-14-11 07:59 PM
    rim should just force ebooks to be put in a separate category in app world and keep them away from the new apps section!
    11-14-11 08:52 PM
    The new apps pane needs to be addressed... not the ebooks being submitted.
    11-14-11 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD