01-26-12 02:22 PM
34 12
tools
    All the pre-installed apps and pretty much everything you see on the screen under the 'All' when you first got the playbook is pre-installed. If you think about it.. just NFS is like 400mb and tetris another 100mb and the hd demo video about 200mb. It makes much sense.
    01-24-12 02:51 PM
    All the pre-installed apps and pretty much everything you see on the screen under the 'All' when you first got the playbook is pre-installed. If you think about it.. just NFS is like 400mb and tetris another 100mb and the hd demo video about 200mb. It makes much sense.

Just a quick sidenote : when you wipe your device, these apps (NFS, Tetris, Video Demo) will NOT be there. So it's recommended to do when getting it out of the box.

You can always get them for free anyway in the app store.
    01-24-12 03:01 PM
    Yes you're right.. thanks for adding that in
    01-24-12 03:28 PM
    It may be that you need to restart, or your videos may be huge due to higher quality. I for one was going to put in all the dragonball + Z + GT series on my playbook, but rmvb files are not compatible. I converted it to 720p and man one episode went from 35mb - 1-3gb
    01-24-12 11:35 PM
    ok so i've rebooted my device and now have 3.3 gb free space. I have 2.5gb of apps (this includes tetris nfs ect) and 3.5gb of videos (including demo video). So there is still almost 5gb unaccounted for out of the 14.7gb. Surely this can't all be documents to go and other apps you cant delete? If it is is there anyway to maximise the space on your hard drive?
    01-25-12 11:12 AM
    Just to confirm, you absolutely made sure there weren't any additional files hidden somewhere through hooking your playbook up to your computer? Something similar happened to me.. I resolved it, here is my thread about it: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...estore-690182/

If you are not sure how to reload the OS, here is a step by step given to me by RIM technical support:

1. A computer with Windows operating system.
    2. BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If you do not have this on your computer you will need to download if from this link:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software
    3. Once you have downloaded the Desktop and installed the software I going to have you plug in your Playbook using the USB cord.
    4. The Upgrade should automatically pop up but if it doesn't you make you upgrade right away.
    5. You might get an error that pops up and this is what you will do for that error,
    6. If it is not picked up be the Desktop software than a pop-up will appear and at the bottom of the pop up you will see retry, update, and cancel.
    7.I want you to click update.
    8. If nothing happens when you plug in the PlayBook I want you to unplug the PlayBook and Hold the power button down for 20 secs until it turns off by itself and than plug it in.
    9.At this point you should receive the retry, update, and cancel options again.

When and if the Playbook is Updating please do not unplug the Playbook until told to because if you do it will not work properly or may not work at all.

Reminder: without a backup, you WILL lose all data, although it would solve the problem.
    What you can try is this: In Desktop Manager, hook up your PB via usb and click backup, and you can choose what to backup, you do not have to back up EVERYTHING on the device. Choose to back up just your APPS. Then you can RESTORE your apps back onto your playbook, which is the bulk of the important stuff. You will have lost your documents, pictures, movies whatever, but those can be easily added on again if they are your computer. If they are not on your computer then I suggest you transfer to a folder somewhere on your computer separately, and not through a backup. We do not want to back up THOSE files, because we want to make sure you do not restore the problematic file that is somewhere on your system.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.. and I hope this helps!
    01-25-12 11:33 AM
    Thanks for all your help. I've wiped the device ect and have gained about 0.3gb haha not much but at least I know now that I have nothing on the harddrive that shouldn't be.
    01-26-12 12:24 PM
    Welcome
    01-26-12 01:14 PM
    Hi,
    I see that you bought the GoFlex HD, just wondering, when connected can you still surf the net or its either the HD or WIfi internet?
    Thanks
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm not the OP, but I also have this wireless HD...
    It's definitely either or with it
    You cannot be connected to the 'Internet WIFI" if you are connected to the drive
    It's either one, or the other...
    01-26-12 02:22 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD