Just thought I'd share my good news.

Back in April 2012, I brought a 16GB Playbook from the Carphone Warehouse (UK).
    All was going well until the charging connector decided to have a bad day and broke. So down to the shop I went, and within 10 minutes it was sent of to be repaired. Two days later I get a call saying its back in store. When I get to the shop they hand me over a brand new 32GB Playbook, as mine couldnt be repaired (or was too much hassle).
    Any ways after a year of owning a PB I got lucky with a nice shinny new one, with double the memory. (Just a good job I thought to back up my old device one before I took it to be repaired/replaced).

Just pleased that they honored a replacement even if it could have been caused by my misuse or became worn over time. Needless to say, I am extremely pleased with the speed and service that the Carphone Warehouse offered me.

Now all I need is for some of the new features and applications from BB10 on Playbook.
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-04-13 08:32 AM
    Nice! After a year or so of steady use, 16GB fills up pretty fast. I have a similar warranty (2 year replacement guarantee) which is up this November. In a strange way, I would like mine to crash so I can trade up lol Time for a PlayBook stress test!
    04-04-13 08:38 AM
    That it does, I only had MB left not GB's so will make all the difference to me. Lets hope u have a similar out come before November
    04-04-13 08:44 AM
    That it does, I only had MB left not GB's so will make all the difference to me. Lets hope u have a similar out come before November
    really, I have 8.5Gb left on my 16 gig playbook, bought mine a month amd a half ago. glad I got the last new one in my city !

I think I'm keeping the storge level low in hopes BBRY decides to use 1 gig of the hard drive as RAM, they could do this as the playbook has flash drives and not a HDD. so we can have 2 gigs of ram.

honestly that would make me very happy.
    04-04-13 09:28 AM
    Depending on whether you "encase" your pb in a case or use it naked, you might want to consider one of the two rapid charging devices which uses the rightmost port (three metal 'dots') and takes away the daily strain on the usb port.
    Attached Thumbnails Happy days for me - PLAYBOOK-playbookchargers2.jpg   Happy days for me - PLAYBOOK-dockandrapidpcharger1.jpg  
    Gooner26 likes this.
    04-04-13 09:44 AM
    I have given this some thought after my recent experience. This may well be a new toy to celebrate the extra memory
    04-04-13 09:49 AM
    really, I have 8.5Gb left on my 16 gig playbook, bought mine a month amd a half ago. glad I got the last new one in my city !

I think I'm keeping the storge level low in hopes BBRY decides to use 1 gig of the hard drive as RAM, they could do this as the playbook has flash drives and not a HDD. so we can have 2 gigs of ram.

honestly that would make me very happy.
    Be nice if this was possible!?
    AliasCBG likes this.
    04-04-13 09:52 AM
    Be nice if this was possible!?
    why wouldn't it be possible on a windows pc you can plug in a flash drive, external hdd or even partition your harddrive to act as ram

its very possible
    04-04-13 10:35 AM