Well the trusted Mobilesyrup has posted a hands-on review of the Playbook 4G LTE and it's worth a check out

**Edit** So looks like it won't even ship with OS2.1 which means we will have to wait longer for the release and God know how long that might be but hopefully not too long. Also it's pretty much the same as the wifi version just slightly faster and LTE capable, I myself don't think it's worth the upgrade if you already have the wifi version considering that there is a wifi hotspot almost every where you go today or tether to your phone if you can't find any. I don't see this selling too well since the wifi version is alot cheaper and most people wouldn't want to pay for a second data plan. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by luqman24; 08-08-12 at 10:24 PM.
    mossfoot, ast_ph and BlazorBoy like this.
    08-08-12 10:06 PM
    Well the trusted Mobilesyrup has posted a hands-on review of the Playbook 4G LTE and it's worth a check out

**Edit** So looks like it won't even ship with OS2.1 which means we will have to wait longer for the release and God know how long that might be but hopefully not too long. Also it's pretty much the same as the wifi version just slightly faster and LTE capable, I myself don't think it's worth the upgrade if you already have the wifi version considering that there is a wifi hotspot almost every where you go today or tether to your phone if you can't find any. I don't see this selling too well since the wifi version is alot cheaper and most people wouldn't want to pay for a second data plan. Just my 2 cents.
    AT&T is about to offer some kind of data plan for use on multiple devices. That may help with the two plans situation
    08-08-12 10:44 PM
    we will need 0.0.332 to go to 2.1...so if RIM can to 0.0.10 per day we will get 2.1 in a months time
    it may only be available worldwide by Q4 2012..still plenty of time to get 2.1
    08-08-12 11:19 PM
    In the video it shows the OS as .668. Wouldn't a 4G PB need a different version to accommodate different hardware?
    08-08-12 11:29 PM
    we will need 0.0.332 to go to 2.1...so if RIM can to 0.0.10 per day we will get 2.1 in a months time
    it may only be available worldwide by Q4 2012..still plenty of time to get 2.1
    .668 was made on June 12.
    08-08-12 11:34 PM
    Rather pointless review of it. Who loads speedtest.net on an LTE tablet... but doesn't run it? Instead, let's go back and forth between the video store and app world 6 times.
    BB_Bmore and luqman24 like this.
    08-08-12 11:45 PM
    I'm sorry but it's a pathetic review to say the least.
    08-09-12 12:13 AM
    I like were he says the email service is much improved and much better than it was on OS 1. Lol
    08-09-12 12:13 AM
    In the video it shows the OS as .668. Wouldn't a 4G PB need a different version to accommodate different hardware?
    Not necessarily. That's the beauty of QNX OS. With the micro-kernel architecture it can run the exact same OS with or without cell support hardware and/or software without a problem.
    Chaddface likes this.
    08-09-12 12:29 AM
    I like were he says the email service is much improved and much better than it was on OS 1. Lol
    It's a million times better than the OS1 version...do you remember the OS1 native email???
    luqman24 likes this.
    08-09-12 12:31 AM
    I'm sorry but it's a pathetic review to say the least.
    Lol ur right, I guess its more of an overview than a review. My bad!
    08-09-12 12:47 AM
    I want one of these.
    08-09-12 12:58 AM
    Playbook is great, but RIM had to kill it.

Apple could have made a better 7" tablet like the Playbook if they bought QNX before RIM.

RIM just isn't what they used to be....only BB10 will determine that.

Sadly but true.
    08-09-12 01:02 AM
    Unfortunately the carriers had to go with the $349 price tag for a 3 year contract which is way over the top for a 3 year price. $199.00 would be much more reasonable than $349. Unfortunately that price killed it for most people. I would've even considered picking it up for $99 and shared data with my smartphone plan and gave my wifi Playbook to my mom. But I'm sure they'll cut the price by school time to a much more reasonable price and call it a "sale".
    08-09-12 01:17 AM
    Playbook is great, but RIM had to kill it.

Apple could have made a better 7" tablet like the Playbook if they bought QNX before RIM.

RIM just isn't what they used to be....only BB10 will determine that.

Sadly but true.
    Why you trolling on all the threads in here? Unhappy with BlackBerry / RIM? Why not find a forum that suits your liking.. Or just wait up until the launch of BB10..

Really don't appreciate the trash talk on BB..
    luqman24, Barljo and Heavens1 like this.
    08-09-12 01:36 AM
    Unfortunately the carriers had to go with the $349 price tag for a 3 year contract which is way over the top for a 3 year price. $199.00 would be much more reasonable than $349. Unfortunately that price killed it for most people. I would've even considered picking it up for $99 and shared data with my smartphone plan and gave my wifi Playbook to my mom. But I'm sure they'll cut the price by school time to a much more reasonable price and call it a "sale".
    I only wish it was $399 no-contract..
    luqman24 likes this.
    08-09-12 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD