07-22-12 12:08 PM
40 12
tools
    Yep, that they should. And we do praise devs that code for the PlayBook buy bying their apps.

Just like iOS users do.

Th hardware is solid, the software is solid (and cascades will make it better) so yeah, not the PlayBook's fault.

I can't do what you suggested though. He lives in Belgium and although I can borrow him the device for imo.im's skype, document editing, email and gaming, I am not willing to have him travel overseas with it.
    07-12-12 09:42 AM
    There are lots of apps that come with PB, Office suite perhaps is the most useful of bunch, but they are still not enough to make PB a suitable tool to replace laptops at work.

"Blame devs", what will you achieve with that? Should iPhone owners "praise devs" for bringing lots of apps on that platform? The bottom line is the apps situation isn't going to improve unless RIM does something, and they haven't done things well or enough, which is what's killing PB business.

Let your friend try to use PB at work for a couple of months, and lets here what he has to say about that after. Personally, I no longer recommend this device to any of my friends although I still keep mine. Most of my colleagues who purchased theirs when I purchased mine have stopped using it at work - big part of that is the WPA2 enterprise wifi issue that RIM doesn't seem to be interested in fixing it.

what issues. I use mine on WPA2 enterprise daily?
    diegonei and hpjrt like this.
    07-12-12 09:51 AM
    Then you must be the only one and have a magical Playbook.

Just Google "Playbook WPA2" for some research. Blackberry support forums and Crackberry forums have both been lit up about the issue since launch that nobody can connect to WPA2. Since yours is working and no one else's seems to be, you should chime in and help!
    07-18-12 11:52 AM
    Depending on condition, it drops the connection. However, Wifi indicator on PB shows full strength, meaning there's no physical signal quality problem. I can fix this simply by turning off/on Wifi on PB.

This isn't the end of the world for PB at work, as long as I do not use any application that requires continuous data streaming - such as Splashtop.

I purchased the SplashtopHD along with Playbook BT keyboard, with intention of using it as a laptop replacement at work in meetings, to take advantage of PB's size and battery life. This plan failed miserably due to the Wifi connectivity issue at work. Things work just fine at home, but I don't have much need for it at home.

With 2.1 beta, I was hoping this problem is addressed, but sadly it still persists.
    07-18-12 12:10 PM

Just Google "Playbook WPA2" for some research. Blackberry support forums and Crackberry forums have both been lit up about the issue since launch that nobody can connect to WPA2. Since yours is working and no one else's seems to be, you should chime in and help!
    If you had done a tad more research ... like follow some of those google links, you'd have seen that there are solutions to those problems. Some responses even have step-by-step instructions.

Just sayin ...
    07-18-12 12:15 PM
    I am an longtime iPhone user and own and love my Playbook. Doesn't stop me from getting called a sheep, robot, and every other name under the sun for owning an Apple product on this forum though lol. I am sure there are more of us around, but this forum can be unwelcoming at times.
    Yup I have an iPhone as well. As a phone the iPhone is the best solution for and and for a tablet the Playbook was/is the best choice.
    07-18-12 12:18 PM
    I read through some of the searches. is your problem network drops or can't connect
    07-18-12 02:59 PM

Don't you love when these turkeys come in here and make these sweeping statements like "you must have a magic PB cuz yer the only one who can get wpa2 to work"???!!!#@*(!!?**

See the attached photo.

WPA2 has been working fine on my PB with no problems. I am afraid to say those who have problems should call RIM and get some help to figure out why yours won't work, cuz it does work, it just works fine. Either your unit is defective or some other part of your system has a problem. It is one or the other. Whining here is apparently doing you no good so try something else to fix it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-21-12 02:23 PM
    Don't you love when these turkeys come in here and make these sweeping statements like "you must have a magic PB cuz yer the only one who can get wpa2 to work"???!!!#@*(!!?**

See the attached photo.

WPA2 has been working fine on my PB with no problems. I am afraid to say those who have problems should call RIM and get some help to figure out why yours won't work, cuz it does work, it just works fine. Either your unit is defective or some other part of your system has a problem. It is one or the other. Whining here is apparently doing you no good so try something else to fix it.
    I actually have the WPA2 problem. I ran into it for the first time visiting my parents. I didn't know it was something 'common' until I started looking for info, but the poster is correct there does appear to be a lot of people having the issue. Saying everyone is having it is obviously a stretch, but there clearly are people having the issue.
    07-21-12 03:46 PM
    He's a Mac through and through, iPhone, iPod, MacBook, iCould, iTunes... But he just couldn't let go of my PlayBook!

He was impressed with the specs, apps (games for the most part), Bridge and remote control... Every now and then he would ask how much he could get one for.

If only RIM could get their marketing together...
    I'm on the edge of my seat.. he could what?!?!
    diegonei likes this.
    07-21-12 06:01 PM
    I actually have the WPA2 problem. I ran into it for the first time visiting my parents. I didn't know it was something 'common' until I started looking for info, but the poster is correct there does appear to be a lot of people having the issue. Saying everyone is having it is obviously a stretch, but there clearly are people having the issue.
    So you can't get your PB to use WPA2. Rest assured the PB can handle WPA2 without any problems. If yours isn't working with WPA2, please, just call the RIM 1-800 # and they can talk you thru it to get it working. If they can't, then it must be a defective unit which will be replaced under warranty.

You said the poster I responded to was "correct" in that some people are posting about this as a problem. OK, so some people have this problem and I said as much in my post. Where I take issue with him is the false statement that the WPA2 feature doesn't work for anyone unless they have a "magical" PlayBook. Others reading his post would be given the false impression that WPA2 doesn't work on the PB. I call BS on him, and on you for defending him.

Quote: "saying everyone has this problem is a stretch"????? That is not a "stretch", it is a bald-faced lie. This forum is full of lies about the PB and this is just another one. Like George Orwell said, the bigger the lie, the more often it is repeated, the more loudly it is expressed, the more people will believe that the lie is true.

WPA2 WORKS PERFECTLY ON THE PB. Ask me and the vast majority of PB owners who are using it everyday.
    07-22-12 10:53 AM
    So you can't get your PB to use WPA2. Rest assured the PB can handle WPA2 without any problems. If yours isn't working with WPA2, please, just call the RIM 1-800 # and they can talk you thru it to get it working. If they can't, then it must be a defective unit which will be replaced under warranty.

You said the poster I responded to was "correct" in that some people are posting about this as a problem. OK, so some people have this problem and I said as much in my post. Where I take issue with him is the false statement that the WPA2 feature doesn't work for anyone unless they have a "magical" PlayBook. Others reading his post would be given the false impression that WPA2 doesn't work on the PB. I call BS on him, and on you for defending him.

Quote: "saying everyone has this problem is a stretch"????? That is not a "stretch", it is a bald-faced lie. This forum is full of lies about the PB and this is just another one. Like George Orwell said, the bigger the lie, the more often it is repeated, the more loudly it is expressed, the more people will believe that the lie is true.

WPA2 WORKS PERFECTLY ON THE PB. Ask me and the vast majority of PB owners who are using it everyday.
    I think you are reading too much into my post. If you do a Google search for "Playbook WPA2 connection problems" you get quite a few results. So I was only pointing out that this isn't some completely unknown issue someone is pulling out of the air. Other people have had it. The other poster was massively exaggerating it, but I don't think it's accurate to say the problem just doesn't exist either.
    07-22-12 11:46 AM
    I think you are reading too much into my post. If you do a Google search for "Playbook WPA2 connection problems" you get quite a few results. So I was only pointing out that this isn't some completely unknown issue someone is pulling out of the air. Other people have had it. The other poster was massively exaggerating it, but I don't think it's accurate to say the problem just doesn't exist either.

Excuse me, who said it doesn't exist??? I merely stated it works fine for most of us, and for those who are having the problem it is fixable, and I propsed a clear and easy fix. So get off your high horse, puh-leeeze.
    07-22-12 11:49 AM
    Excuse me, who said it doesn't exist??? I merely stated it works fine for most of us, and for those who are having the problem it is fixable, and I propsed a clear and easy fix. So get off your high horse, puh-leeeze.
    Ok the Playbook and RIM are perfect. Those of us having issues with it will just stay off the forums and not post them from now on to make you happy. You accusing others of being on a high horse is ridiculous. Where in my posts did I post anything unreasonable? You are the one jumping down my throat for no reason. It's people like you that make this forum really tough to use at times.
    07-22-12 12:01 PM
    No one here has said anyone is perfect. I simply asked you "who said the problem doesn't exist" and you come back with this??? Lame lame lame.

We're all just here trying to find out info about these devices we own. Posters like yourself and "look alive" are just posting inflammatory, incorrect garbage with no regard for accuracy or manners. I just wish the monitors here were more aggressive about weeding out pointlessly argumentative posts.
    07-22-12 12:08 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD