There's no reason to keep it secret. While some folks are fanboys, some of us would like to hear about what might be competitive and what "former" bb users find a reasonable alternative. Frankly, I'm not happy that rim has crippled the bridge between the pb and the newest phones. I'm not thrilled by a device that removed the trackpad. So I am considering what else might be out there and opinions of others can be weighed.
    OP listen to F2, he speaks more sense than all of the fanboys would do if they started a bb conference amongst themselves. I am not impressed by BB and especially not by their bb10 handsets. If I wanted an iPhone or Android imitation I would have bought one. BB gave no indication that bb10 would not be an enhanced blackberry but another bad clone of the two most popular smartphones but now I have one I'm not impressed. I like all tech gadgets but like F2 stated its nice when you get an honest opinion from someone who had or still owns a bb. We get better and more accurate information from members such as yourself so please feel free to share any information you have on any device you wish and it will be welcomed by the true forum members. I'll even tell you about my baby ducks if you want?
    blueberrymerry, FF22 and dphjeff like this.
    06-01-13 06:06 AM
    There's no reason to keep it secret. While some folks are fanboys, some of us would like to hear about what might be competitive and what "former" bb users find a reasonable alternative. Frankly, I'm not happy that rim has crippled the bridge between the pb and the newest phones. I'm not thrilled by a device that removed the trackpad. So I am considering what else might be out there and opinions of others can be weighed.
    I wasn't gonna say anything in here cuz I know things can get really ugly but I have a lot of respect for you so here goes. About 3 week ago my 9930 (which I adored) decided to refuse to boot up. It was the load 2/3 of the way & stop thing. I tried for 2 days doing everything that has been suggested to no avail. I had planned on keeping it until I could buy a Q10. We have a Sprint family everything data plan so I couldn't just change carriers. As you know Sprint opted out of the Z10 and will get the Q10 sometime later this year. I panicked cuz the only smartphone I've ever used is Blackberry. I did a lot of research & talked to everyone I know & finally bought an iPhone 5 - something I NEVER thought I would do. After a few days of not knowing where anything was (and trying to get used to the home button) I absolutely love it. It handles this forum with no problem (I always had to try multiple times to log in using my Bold). I still use my PlayBook to read, play games, & watch movies but seeing that there are other alternatives out there & finding out that I really can learn something new was huge for me. Unless Blackberry comes out with something earth shattering, I can't see myself buying another BBRY handset & would be open to buying an iPad when my PB dies. This isn't a "commercial" from an Apple fanboy just my truth. I hope & pray BBRY manages to work all the bugs out of BB10 & rises to the top again. As for me, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do whether you like it or not. Hope you find something that works for you. Take care!
    06-01-13 11:20 AM
    Chrysalis1156:

Well said. I am open to other options. I confess the few times I've played with either the iphone or ipad, I did not particularly like them. But have handled an Android or two and preferred those but both Apple and google are too omnipresent in the background. Also I still prefer a real keyboard experience but also think that _I_ need a trackpad from what I've been reading and with my pb's editing/cursor movement issues. But the CRIPPLING of Bridge also will make me hold out. What can I say. BB is not the be-all and end-all and if finally something else works - so be it.

But I looked seriously at the HP Envy "convertible" tab. I liked what I saw. But then I found a weird quirk, I'd call it. The keyboard must be physically connected to the screen/tab in order to work. I can't believe that they don't communicate by bt. I know the keyboard provides additional battery power but still, it should be able to be used separately. I found that the Windows Surface keyboard is the same - a physical connection. I find that ODD and am not interested in these devices until they rectify what I see as an oversight.

And, again, THANKS for sharing.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-01-13 11:45 AM
    F2 - I totally agree with the whole google/Apple issue. I also struggle with the inability to customize things. I was a theme and font junkie & am unable to change those up daily (yep, that's what I said...daily). I also miss my beautiful physical keyboard more than I can say. The 9930 has the best keyboard ever. I think there are quirks or things we don't especially like with any device. Hopefully either BBRY will at least restore the bridge function for the Z10 or you'll be able to play with a lot of different devices until you can find one you don't have to compromise too much with. I wish I'd have had more time but I have 4 kids and 6 grandkids & staying in touch with them was far too important for me to wait. Sorry to read about the loss of your friend. I'll still be hanging out in here and look forward to seeing how this plays out. Hopefully no one will feel the need to whack me for having an iPhone but I have my protective headgear on just in case.
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    06-01-13 12:05 PM
    See what I mean by"fanboys" ?
    Not a fan boy. I guess they should be releasing updates weekly, and coming to your house to ask what you want. Like the other companies do. Oh wait, nobody does that? It's a fantasy created by ******* to justify inane comments? Gotcha. Anyway, if you aren't using BlackBerry anymore, then what are you doing here? Just stopped in to troll huh..wait what's that? Apple just released a personal update for just you? And another one tomorrow? Amazing! Hahaha

Posted via SEGA master system
    06-01-13 12:28 PM
    Just a followup on an earlier post.

I got my wife an Android phone to replace her BB Curve. The reason for the switch to Android is a common one, required apps were not available on the BB platform.
    The funny thing is she is always trying to close apps by swiping up on the screen like she does on her Playbook. She has even commented that he new phone isn't as easy to use as her Playbook but the web browser works better.

The BB10 platform is great but I think it's too late in coming. Developers have lost interest in Blackberry and I don't know how you would get that back now.
    06-01-13 03:32 PM
    Impressive indeed. Unlike the last moron I replied to you obviously have intelligence. Probably the only person on here that can understand Greek!
    Lol....not so fast paliogere....

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-01-13 04:05 PM
    Not a fan boy. I guess they should be releasing updates weekly, and coming to your house to ask what you want. Like the other companies do. Oh wait, nobody does that? It's a fantasy created by ******* to justify inane comments? Gotcha. Anyway, if you aren't using BlackBerry anymore, then what are you doing here? Just stopped in to troll huh..wait what's that? Apple just released a personal update for just you? And another one tomorrow? Amazing! Hahaha

*sigh*........
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-01-13 06:28 PM
    GIve me another week to get used to this new contraption and ill let you know how it went...and what I have.

As mentioned there are a lot of things I miss from my BB, its just that there are also other things that work better on a different platform.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-01-13 06:30 PM
    Yes, Tazo keep us informed on your new device we ( or that least I) would like to know how it pans out.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-01-13 08:19 PM
    Its still a learning curve but I am getting the hang of this device. Its quite simple, battery lasts just as much as my previous blackberry and so far have had no issue with app availability.

Do I miss my blackberry ? Certainly. Have I been missing out on a lot of things sticking with blackberry up to now? You bet! Will I ever go back to use a blackberry ? Not an easy call....it all depends on IF blackberry can keep up with the other platforms..

As I mentioned in my OP: Sorry blackberry, its not me its you.

Phone I am now using : IPhone 5
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    06-17-13 09:04 PM
    Time will only tell if BlackBerry keeps up or ahead of the other devices Tazos. Hate to see you move to an IPhone but you had to do what you thought was best for yourself. Thanks for the update and keep us informed on your progress.
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    06-17-13 10:05 PM
    Ok. So here go my first week impressions on my different phone. I like the way BB handles email 1000 times better. I also like the way contacts are handled in a much more efficient manner than the new phone. All in all the BB is that much more intuitive to use......

but

OMG! I didn't know how much I was missing out having the new phone OS integrated with apps for just about anything! its seamless, easy to use and definetely do not feel half baked as the android sideloaded apps....

Conclusion: If BB hadn't dropped the ball and had a OS that had as many good working apps, the other guys wouldn't have had a chance...
    No one "heavy user" - phone - can satisfy every need. Good luck & have fun with your choice.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-18-13 02:11 AM
    As I mentioned in my OP: Sorry blackberry, its not me its you.

Phone I am now using : IPhone 5
    You started a thread in a BlackBerry Playbook forum to tell the world you bought an iPhone?
    This is the closest forum you could find that was relevant?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-18-13 04:48 AM
    You started a thread in a BlackBerry Playbook forum to tell the world you bought an iPhone?
    This is the closest forum you could find that was relevant?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-18-13 07:31 AM

Hey..........................that's not nice.....some of my best friends are...................and you're not supposed to use that word.....the correct word is 'crackberrians'
    06-18-13 07:39 AM
    or Blackberry shareholders .....that think Thor will turn this ship around.....I think he's a distant relative of the man that captained the Titanic...
    06-18-13 07:41 AM
    or Blackberry shareholders .....that think Thor will turn this ship around.....I think he's a distant relative of the man that captained the Titanic...
    Anyone like ice in their gin and tonic?
    FF22 and Tazos like this.
    06-18-13 07:49 AM
    Anyone like ice in their gin and tonic?
    I had Finlandia the other night Finlands finest Vodka
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-18-13 04:04 PM
    I had Finlandia the other night Finlands finest Vodka
    I have always like Jean Sibelius' music.
    sad_old_man and Barracuda7772 like this.
    06-18-13 04:40 PM
    I have always like Jean Sibelius' music.
    My vote has to go with the Vodka I'm afraid.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    06-19-13 07:00 AM
    I can't like my own comments ......SIGH
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-19-13 08:02 AM
    I can't like my own comments ......SIGH
    At least your not stuck in this god damn airport!
    06-19-13 08:33 AM
    Wouldn't let you on the plane ah.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-19-13 08:42 AM
    My vote has to go with the Vodka I'm afraid.
    Why am I not surprised. Some of his moody melodies would go nicely with a buzz.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-19-13 08:52 AM
260 ... 891011