Here's an exciting article from The Globe & Mail (national Canadian newspaper) on the journey of the Playbook to where it is today - freshly published minutes ago! It talks about OS 2.0 of course.

Damn - I can't cut and paste the url from my other tab into this post! Just go to Home - The Globe and Mail and it is currently on their home page. Article is by Iain Marlow, their technology reporter. The article's title is almost the same as my thread title.
    02-19-12 11:47 PM
    02-19-12 11:50 PM
    We'll have to wait and see on this one. Sounds like RIM is still pinning its hopes on the synergy between the Playbook and BB phone.
    02-20-12 12:08 AM
    Great article. It's about time we saw some positive press.
    02-20-12 12:28 AM
    Wow alot of harsh criticism from Canadians in the comments. Very surprising to see this. I expect it from American apple fanbois but not from Canadians. Man it seems that Rim really has there back against the wall. I really hope they pull it off. I can not imagine being stuck using something other than a blackberry.
    02-20-12 12:32 AM
    We'll have to wait and see on this one. Sounds like RIM is still pinning its hopes on the synergy between the Playbook and BB phone.
    You're not saying that because of something in that article are you? I see no mention of anything that would even hint at that, so I don't understand the connection to this thread.
    rjedge54 likes this.
    02-20-12 12:34 AM
    Wow alot of harsh criticism from Canadians in the comments. Very surprising to see this. I expect it from American apple fanbois but not from Canadians. Man it seems that Rim really has there back against the wall. I really hope they pull it off. I can not imagine being stuck using something other than a blackberry.
    I never read the comments for any of our newspapers on almost any subject. It's just a breeding ground for trolls, most of whom don't have a clue on what they are commenting about.
    henryvs and Vorkosigan like this.
    02-20-12 01:08 AM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I never read the comments for any of our newspapers on almost any subject. It's just a breeding ground for trolls, most of whom don't have a clue on what they are commenting about.
    +10000 true ... very true ....
    02-20-12 01:14 AM
    when i made a thread about an article discussing the PB it was closed in 5 minutes.
    nice to see that the mods are being fair. /sarcasm
    02-20-12 01:41 AM
    Lets hope Mr. Smith is right. Or he might as well be out of a job by the end of the week.
    02-20-12 01:45 AM
    You're not saying that because of something in that article are you? I see no mention of anything that would even hint at that, so I don't understand the connection to this thread.
    Yes, I am. Seems to me the article, in the little it does say, suggests the PB is mainly going to be targetted at RIM's corporate clients as an adjunct and larger screen for the BB phone. That would mean that the role of the PB is mainly to sell BB phones--a mistake IMHO. Well, whatever RIM's intentions, at least it does seem to have decided to continue supporting the PB for now, which is good for PB owners.
    02-20-12 02:18 AM
    Great positive article and outlook by RIM.. thanks for sharing
    02-20-12 03:00 AM
    There's an old business saying - no guts, no glory.
    The decision to delay until Feb took a lot of guts - let's hope it comes with a lot of glory!
    henryvs and mmason31 like this.
    02-20-12 03:44 AM
    I agreewith rjedge54 - comments on the G&M are especially caustic. I love the paper but just skip the comments - you see the same old hacks on there all the time.

Thanks for the "thanks" folks! This was my first time being the first to post an article to this or any forum!
    02-20-12 07:39 AM
    There's an old business saying - no guts, no glory.
    The decision to delay until Feb took a lot of guts - let's hope it comes with a lot of glory!
    Hopefully they have some other tricks up there sleeve too. I'm hoping that the media devices that were rumored for last October will be coming out too in the near future. Ecosystem is more than just apps.
    02-20-12 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD