04-30-13 02:45 PM
    Please ask Thor to stop opening his mouth when he doesn't have a clue what he's saying then. The guardian is a very respected newspaper in the UK so it's not as though the Sun or Daily Mirror was slagging him off. How many verdicts on the man do you want?
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    04-30-13 03:14 PM
    Heins is an id!ot if he thinks saying something like "in 5 years, there will be no tablets" won't provoke a firestorm of comments. BB isn't doing well with its new product line and he doesn't look like he knows where the company is going. As the public face of the company, a CEO has to take responsibility for all the good and bad the company has done... even if a lot of it comes from his own mouth.
    04-30-13 07:53 PM
    Ok then please ask Thor to stop opening his mouth when he doesn't have a clue what he's saying then. The guardian is a very respected newspaper in the UK so it's not as though the Sun or Daily Mirror was slagging him off. How many verdicts on the man do you want?
    My post had nothing to do with whether or not I agreed with what he said. What he said was taken out of context anyway.
    luke.trevorrow likes this.
    04-30-13 08:30 PM
    My post had nothing to do with whether or not I agreed with what he said. What he said was taken out of context anyway.
    Complaining about his behaviour is a little over the top...
    04-30-13 10:43 PM

Hmm you think maybe its the word he used that bothers you?? Complaining about his behaviour is a little over the top ...unless you feel the need to bolster your outrage at the word he used?
    No. His meltdowns are part of the problem as well. It wasn't over the top and wasn't due to bolstered outrage.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 06:59 AM
    I must have misread the article as it does not seem to be negative and is clearly stating the facts. Thorsten seems to be good at getting plenty of media coverage and keeping Blackberry in the limelight and I imagine statements such as tablets will be dead in 5 years makes for a decent headline.
    05-01-13 07:58 AM
    When Mr. Heins stated that in 5 years time, there will be no tablet around, he thought that he is in a management meeting and speaking to his managers and thought that someone ask about PlayBook... he's not referring to other tablets...

If PlayBook had been successful, we will be hearing different views...

Posted via Z10
    05-01-13 08:28 AM
    No. His meltdowns are part of the problem as well. It wasn't over the top and wasn't due to bolstered outrage.

Posted via CB10
    It was a short simple statement, I wasn't on a meltdown? If you want to see me post on meltdown I can easily oblige you?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 08:39 AM
    It was a short simple statement, I wasn't on a meltdown? If you want to see me post on meltdown I can easily oblige you?

Posted via CB10
    Wow your name is very fitting for you today. Stop using the R word. Seriously, there are much more colourful words that you could have used. You use the R word to describe Thor but in actuality you are being more like the R word than anyone. just stop it.
    Enyigma likes this.
    05-01-13 08:48 AM
    Embarrassed on behalf of Blackberry.
    05-01-13 08:57 AM
    Good afternoon all. As always please follow the rules and guidelines of CrackBerry.com. No finger pointing and name calling.

Thanks

Ivan
    05-01-13 11:53 AM
    Good afternoon all. As always please follow the rules and guidelines of CrackBerry.com. No finger pointing and name calling.

Thanks

Ivan
    Any chance of finding out where my dictionary description of the word has gone? Just so that there is no chance of any other forum member being misunderstood about what they meant when using it by people who don't know the English language? I would have honestly thought though that anyone who purports to read the guardian would have known what the word meant?
    05-01-13 02:08 PM
    Ha ha Sad Old man lost me here.... "The guardian is a very respected newspaper in the UK" Only by the people who read it. lol
    05-01-13 02:50 PM
    Any chance of finding out where my dictionary description of the word has gone? Just so that there is no chance of any other forum member being misunderstood about what they meant when using it by people who don't know the English language? I would have honestly thought though that anyone who purports to read the guardian would have known what the word meant?
    In the US, at least, the word has come be pejorative in many cases since it was used in that sense to describe children/people who are disabled mentally.
    05-01-13 03:05 PM
    In the US, at least, the word has come be pejorative in many cases since it was used in that sense to describe children/people who are disabled mentally.
    This is certainly true in Canada and apparently in the United Kingdom as well.

Definition of ****** in Oxford Dictionaries (British & World English)

noun
    Pronunciation: /ˈriːtɑːd/

informal, offensive
    a person who has a mental disability (often used as a general term of abuse).
    05-01-13 10:08 PM
    I've read the article and didn't think it was biased against blackberry more reporting what has been said. In fact think it's reasonably positive quoting recent share price rises etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 04:18 PM
    ....yet the comments in the forum are very dismissive of Blackberry and seemed quite unfounded.
    05-05-13 03:49 PM