I have used Gruveo to make video calls using my PB browser to other people with devices that support flash. However, the people at Gruveo are updating their service and dropping flash for WebRTC, which is a new HTML 5 standard (see https://www.gruveo.com/blog/gruveo-2-0-is-underway/). I know the PB browser supports HTML 5 but does it support WebRTC? If it doesn't it looks like this service will be no go for PB users from tomorrow.
    07-14-14 08:25 AM
    I am afraid you are right and Gruveo will stop working on your PB tomorrow because in-browser WebRTC is currently supported on desktop (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) and Android only.

That said, thank you for using Gruveo and we hope to have you back should you decide to upgrade to Android or iOS at some point in the future (the iOS app will be released this summer as well).
    Asdic Ping likes this.
    07-14-14 02:29 PM
    Changing to Android or iOS is more of a downgrade, in my view.
    anon(5597702) and extisis like this.
    07-14-14 04:48 PM
    I am afraid you are right and Gruveo will stop working on your PB tomorrow because in-browser WebRTC is currently supported on desktop (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) and Android only.

That said, thank you for using Gruveo and we hope to have you back should you decide to upgrade to Android or iOS at some point in the future (the iOS app will be released this summer as well).
    Thanks for the clarification. I won't be changing to Android or iOS as the PlayBook does most things I need it to. I'll have to switch to using my laptop for video calls, which is not as convenient but it will work with Gruveo.
    07-15-14 07:35 AM
    Here's a possible alternative that I've seen PB users post about in the past:

Free Video Chat - Quick & Simple | FaceFlow
    Asdic Ping likes this.
    07-15-14 07:52 AM