none of you really read the threads thoroughly huh?

doesnt matter... do the following steps if you want to bridge your blackberry with your playbook:

1.TURN OFF ALL YOUR NETWORK and WIFI connection (on your blackberry handheld)
    2.TURN ON Bluetooth (on your BB handheld and playbook)
    3.Setup up Blackberry Bridge according to screen instruction
    3.After a successful bridging, open all possible apps on your blackberry bridge to "sync" the blackberry without interruptions of incoming calls, bbms and/or emails.
    4. as soon as all apps are "sync'ed" by bluetooth start your network and wifi connection

you are set to go...
    Thanks for the help..

I did try all that and still no luck..

I noticed something last night I deleted the bbm and installed again but didn't restore my contacts and paired the devices and worked, but as soon as i restored my contacts it didn't work anymore, again the green ring, I really don't have any more ideas I literally tried everything..

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance
    05-05-11 02:10 PM
    You might check these settings in your phone. Maybe one of them is causing the BBM issue:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/br...ix-rim-608081/
    05-05-11 02:40 PM
    tryied everything but no luck
    i am using
    Blackberry 9800 ( 6.0.0.284)
    BBM ( 5.0.3.22 )
    Blackberry bridge ( 1.0.0.83)
    Blackberry PlayBook ( 1.0.3.1868 )
    05-23-11 12:11 AM
    tryied everything but no luck
    i am using
    Blackberry 9800 ( 6.0.0.284)
    I would start with updating your 9800's OS, .284 is getting pretty old now, I think the 9800 is at .570 now...
    05-23-11 12:47 AM
    I would start with updating your 9800's OS, .284 is getting pretty old now, I think the 9800 is at .570 now...
    i did that now but no luck
    when i wipe everything in the phone and the playbook it works until i restore my BBM contacts
    i believe the issue with my contacts
    any ideas guys ?
    05-23-11 03:03 AM
    wohoooo
    its works after wipe my playbook and upgreading my phone to 6.0.0.546
    05-23-11 04:00 AM
    i did that now but no luck
    when i wipe everything in the phone and the playbook it works until i restore my BBM contacts
    i believe the issue with my contacts
    any ideas guys ?
    It is your contact. Try to trim down or delete those un-active (grey out) contact.
    Mine working fine now after that.
    05-23-11 04:46 AM
    Has anyone thought to look at HOW the contacts are added to the list?

Check to see if your contacts have been added via PIN or via email address.
    I had some contacts that I added via email address because they constantly lost/replaced their devices (causing their PIN to change). By adding them as their email address, so long as they have a BB, I don't have to change my contact list.

Perhaps contacts added via email address are having issues resolving due to the lack of native email client on the PB?

Turning off all your connections will cause BBM to quickly time-out and launch.

thoughts?
    05-23-11 09:09 AM
    Guys,
    I think I know what cause the Green Ring of Death (BBM).
    It is the contact list of in your BBM.
    Initially, I had 89 contacts. I did some housekeeping. Delete those inactive contact and cut down as much as possible. Now my contact is only 9.
    I BBM bridge with my PB. Wallla...load almost instantly.

Solution:
    HOUSEKEEPING your BBM contact list. Trim down as much as U can

cosigns...I went through and deleted everyone and it started working (no restart) then went through and added everyone back one at a time. Good thing my list is only like 12 people. I'm not sure who or what caused my BBM to stop working between one day to the next. Very weird.
    06-08-11 11:26 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD