Hello there!

Apologies for the slightly strange question: I've had a BB Playbook for around six years now. I recently gave it a good clean with a good ol' baby wipe and was surprised to find a very bright green colour on the wipe after I'd cleaned the speaker area.

A double check on each speaker verified that it was this part of the Playbook that the bright green colour was coming from. Any ideas what that is? I've looked after my PB extremely well, no spillages, never been used by anyone but myself. Am baffled.

EDIT: found a reference to this happening to another user elsewhere on the web, but with no answer as to what might be causing it.

Many thanks to for any help/ideas.
    08-05-17 01:03 PM
    Ha ha, the Playbook is so old now that the copper in the metal screen is oxidizing! Wild guess
    08-05-17 03:56 PM
    Ha ha, the Playbook is so old now that the copper in the metal screen is oxidizing! Wild guess
    I thought that at first too. Took a closer look and it appears that the thin rubber seal
    that runs round the perimeter of the PB is missing across the length of both speakers. The green colour can be seen just underneath the bottom of the broken ends where the rubber seal continues.

From this I'm guessing that the blue/green is some kind of glue or sealant, as suspected in this post:

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...=1#post7009344

Thanks for the reply. Not a huge deal at all, was just curious if anyone was expert enough to know precisely what it was.
    brookie229 likes this.
    08-05-17 04:06 PM
    I thought that at first too. Took a closer look and it appears that the thin rubber seal
    that runs round the perimeter of the PB is missing across the length of both speakers. The green colour can be seen just underneath the bottom of the broken ends where the rubber seal continues.

From this I'm guessing that the blue/green is some kind of glue or sealant, as suspected in this post:

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...=1#post7009344

Thanks for the reply. Not a huge deal at all, was just curious if anyone was expert enough to know precisely what it was.
    Good find!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-17 07:40 AM