Security wipe doesn't fix it. Hope RIM releases fix for this. Keeps saying I'm in Spiceland or New Castle Indiana
    10-08-12 08:31 PM
    Which App are you using to find your GPS location?
    10-08-12 08:34 PM
    Which App are you using to find your GPS location?
    I get this using Poynt, latitude and magellan maps. Only program that seems to reset it is What's Up. Thank goodness for the gps tracker in What's Up
    10-08-12 10:24 PM
    I have/use Magellan and Navigator. These seem to work fine. After the update, the GPS "grabbed" alot faster. the only issue was that it didn't know which way was North. So I just flipped the PB over afew times over the 3 axis of movement and BAM! the GPS was tracking North correctly, and it grabs faster and seems more reliable.

C
    10-09-12 09:48 AM
    We have 8 PBs at work and I have two personal PBs and since the update no issues on Magellan nor TopoSports on any of them. Actually acquisition is quicker and repositioning/reloading on the topos is quicker. We're happy so far.
    10-09-12 12:40 PM
    Yes it is faster, just wrong State/Country. I can get it to find my location after some muddling around so it's not a big deal. Doesn't seem to be a broad issue as noone else seems to be getting this. What I find quite interesting is the fact that two playbooks, a 64gb bought a year ago and a 32gb bought weeks ago both now default to the same wrong gps location in Indiana. Checking with berrytester app, the lat/long location for Indiana is found before any actual satellites register. Find if I use What's Up to find a gps signal it is always right and then other programs find correct location. Wonder if the magnetic charger or my wifi could be contributing to this issue.

I must admit I'm getting a weird Mel Gibson, "Signs" vibe about this area of Indiana. May need to take the Goldwing down there
    10-09-12 12:56 PM
    I have had this issue occasionally, but a restart seems to fix, I also find that I have to turn off wifi on my playbook in order to get a solid signal, otherwise im bouncing all over the place. Same issue with Magellan, Latitude, osmand. My main program is latitude though. 2 playbooks, same results. Not a new issue, as its been there since pre- 2.0
    10-09-12 03:00 PM
    Since 2.1 my PB's GPS is placing me in Indiana too! I live in Vancouver BC. Tested on Poynt, VCMS, Bing Maps...
    10-12-12 02:52 AM