I finally got a chance to test out the GPS on my playbook last night. I have been meaning to for a long time. I have heard mixed messages about the GPS so wanted to have a look. I opened up GoeRendr and went outside and sat on the step, so a partial view of the sky and within 60 seconds had an accurate fix of where I was. Now I had not used the GPS in Afghanistan previously, so that was a mighty fast fix and comparable to any Garmin GPS I have owned and I have had a few. I would like to give it a go with some decent navigation software if I can find some and then see how it works. I would like to see Garmin mapping software or OZIEplorer on here, I reckon it would be great.
    Anyway, I am happy with the GPS so far. Just thought I would share.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    07-13-12 07:53 PM
    Magellan, a paid app is available. Some folks like, others find it complex.

Not really a lot available. Rim did enter into some agreement with TomTom so folks are hoping something will come out of that.

There are some Android apps both in appworld and that can be sideloaded including a version of google's latitude. Stay safe.
    07-13-12 08:52 PM
    Magellan, a paid app is available. Some folks like, others find it complex.

Not really a lot available. Rim did enter into some agreement with TomTom so folks are hoping something will come out of that.

There are some Android apps both in appworld and that can be sideloaded including a version of google's latitude. Stay safe.
    I had an email from TomTom to do a survey. Part of the zurvey asked if I would use my tablet for navigation. Downside was when they asked about tablets they said eg. IPaid.

So. Survey says. . . .
    07-13-12 09:53 PM
    Try either Osmand, in app world, or Googl Maps (Latitude), version 6.2 or earlier, which needs to be sideloded. Both are free and have navigation.
    07-13-12 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD