Today I went out and bought a Hipstreet HDMI cable, and with the Tips and Tricks thread, I was able to easily view my Playbook to our TV. I know ... not a difficult task but I'd overlooked some simple steps, clearly outlined in the Tips and Tricks thread, which made the whole thing very simple.

We then caught up on several TV episodes we'd missed via CTV and Rogers On Demand. We then rented a video from Rogers. It worked great!

So, once more I'm indebted to the originator and generous contributors to the Tips and Tricks thread. You make everything Playbook a breeze!

01-21-12 07:24 PM
    Here, here!

My deepest appreciation as well, to all the fine folks who post all manner of solutions to dilemmas.
    jafobabe and Lyls like this.
    01-21-12 07:27 PM
    You know, you could have posted this in the tips and tricks thread...
    01-21-12 07:28 PM
    I must have used up my allotment of the Thanks button quota for the day, as it's gone!
    I too have enjoyed reading the Newbie Tips and Tricks thread from all the contributors, and there is a lot of useful information and tons of help there.

To the OP, thank you for posting here, as it is more visible to other posters that may not read the Sticky Thread.

Well Done!
    01-21-12 07:37 PM
    I must have used up my allotment of the Thanks button quota for the day, as it's gone!
    I too have enjoyed reading the Newbie Tips and Tricks thread from all the contributors, and there is a lot of useful information and tons of help there.

To the OP, thank you for posting here, as it is more visible to other posters that may not read the Sticky Thread.

Well Done!
    True! Good to read that the Tips and Tricks thread is helping new users!
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-21-12 07:43 PM
    Do you mean your own "thanks" button?
    You can't see your own "thanks" or "like" buttons, because you can't thank or like yourself (on CB anyway!).
    01-21-12 07:44 PM
    Do you mean your own "thanks" button?
    You can't see your own "thanks" or "like" buttons, because you can't thank or like yourself (on CB anyway!).
    No, I mean to Thank the other posters, as to use the Thanks button for your post and the OP's post.
    It does happen and has many times for me.. there is a daily Quota to give "Thanks" to others, unless you are an OP on a thread.

Guess I just Thank a lot of posters when they help others.
    01-21-12 07:56 PM
    I too am very thankfull for CB. This place is a must for BB users.
    Lyls likes this.
    01-21-12 09:05 PM
    No, I mean to Thank the other posters, as to use the Thanks button for your post and the OP's post.
    It does happen and has many times for me.. there is a daily Quota to give "Thanks" to others, unless you are an OP on a thread.

Guess I just Thank a lot of posters when they help others.
    Wow, really? I dind't know that! Guess if I were as grateful as you, I'd know that!
    01-21-12 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD