I went into Bestbuy today to get a set of noise canceling headphones for my MP3 player (they will work nicely on the playbook also) I asked the sales person in that department if he knew anything about the playbook. He said he did and said they should have them on the 19th. He said that they should be in the store buy the 16th but cant sell them until April 19th. He than walked over and showed me a sign that said "Playbook coming April 19th pre order now for a $50 deposit" We had a nice discussion about Andriod and PB. He said he liked Android but thought the Playbook looked really nice and he will take a good look at it. He said the word from his management was that the PB was going to be "very awesome" Anyway it was nice to run into someone that seemed to know what they were talking about. This store was in the Phoenix AZ area(Arrowhead). I asked if I could order one for pick up and he gladly pulled up the proper computer screen and took my order and deposit. Cant wait!
    04-03-11 11:26 PM
    That's good news.

Too bad I leave on vacation on the 16th. I'll be in arizona, but hopefully I have sometime to drop by a best buy on the 16th to check out a demo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 11:36 PM
    We will let you get one in AZ.
    04-03-11 11:42 PM
    I assume you pre-ordered the 16gb? I only ask because I saw in another thread that they were taking 32 & 64 in store now as well.
    04-03-11 11:42 PM
    I assume you pre-ordered the 16gb? I only ask because I saw in another thread that they were taking 32 & 64 in store now as well.
    We aren't taking the 32 and 64gb pre-orders in store.
    I work in the largest store in a top 25 population city. We are most likely getting around 15 of the 16's, around 10 of the 32's and a handful of the 64's.
    When you do your pre-order, depending on the store, they may set aside the size of your choosing.
    When it gets closer to the time of release, I'll post pictures of the product in our stocking system and the product itself.
    pkcable likes this.
    04-04-11 02:11 AM
    I was going to pre order mine, but I'm afraid it'll get shipped while I'm on vacation. So I'm thinking of buying one during my vacation. I'll probably visit a Best Buy or staples while i'm there. But the thing is my girlfriend will be so pissed if I spend the whole trip playing with the playbook. Hopefully I can install Angry birds on it for a bit of damage control
    04-04-11 02:38 AM
    I work at a Best Buy as well and talked to my mobile and computer manager, and both couldn't get a specific date for me. I also checked our stocking system and there isn't a specific date there either. I wish my store would get them on the 19th.

04-04-11 02:50 AM
    I pre-ordered a 64gb at a Best Buy in Boca Raton, FL (first one by the way, all but one of the people in the mobile department didn't even know what it was)

04-04-11 03:46 AM
    I work in the largest store in a top 25 population city. We are most likely getting around 15 of the 16's, around 10 of the 32's and a handful of the 64's.
    When you do your pre-order, depending on the store, they may set aside the size of your choosing.
    When it gets closer to the time of release, I'll post pictures of the product in our stocking system and the product itself.
    Yea I live in Washington state and the best buys up here are only taking preorders on the 16gb version. Made me mad.

04-04-11 04:11 AM
    3 bestbuys in Miami will not let me pre-order 32gb in store...only online. I asked if on april 19 they will have all models...all have said NO. Only 16GB model in stock...I'm hoping this is not true...if not I will go to staples or office depot on launch date

04-04-11 05:41 AM
    They took my order for the 32 GB
    04-04-11 12:13 PM
    Makes sense, they're uncertain of its potential and don't want "dead" inventory just taking up space or capital...

When it starts moving, I'm sure they'll be flooding shelves everywhere.

Or it could be that RIM is really pushing it through Staples, Office Depot...etc...

Interesting bit of info though
    04-04-11 12:26 PM
    Yea I live in Washington state and the best buys up here are only taking preorders on the 16gb version. Made me mad.

Good news. As employees, our pre-orders are fulfilled AFTER customer pre-orders. So, you're safe.
    Also, I returned my 16gb pre-order and got the 64gb pre-order.
    There's a whole new form and everything. So if you pre-ordered the 16gb model but want a different model, go back and request the proper model. Here's my 64gb pre-order.
    04-05-11 08:16 PM
    32gb is going to be the sweet spot. Made the mistake in getting the 64gb ipad when they first came out. Now I find 32gb would be just fine. Apple says the 32gb versions sold the best as well. So, my pre-ordered Playbook is the 32gb.
    04-05-11 09:29 PM
    My biggest issue is that if I'm gonna pay $100 to go from 16 to 32, why wouldn't I add $100 to go to 64. Twice the mem for the same price. Have a hard time letting that go.

04-05-11 09:50 PM
    Cause its 100 I can use for a case or some other accessory. I had to think about that cause I usally think bigger is better. The economic reallity won out.
    04-05-11 09:56 PM
    3 bestbuys in Miami will not let me pre-order 32gb in store...only online. I asked if on april 19 they will have all models...all have said NO. Only 16GB model in stock...I'm hoping this is not true...if not I will go to staples or office depot on launch date

Don't waste ur time at the Hialeah best buy in Miami they are idiots. It took them 30mins to figure out what playbook and the sign was right next to the blackberry stand. I went to Miami Beach store and they were very helpful and they acceptable my order for 32gb. They wrote on my pre order sheet 32gb on.
    04-05-11 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD