Gotta love a happy ending.
    I second this. Happy endings are the best.
    ezapper2 and maddie1128 like this.
    03-04-12 03:09 PM
    Yes, I love good endings to threads.... glad the OP was able to get it back, and no one was injured.
    Yay!!
    ezapper2 and jivegirl14 like this.
    03-04-12 03:09 PM
    Great News!

Glad you went about it the right way with good results!
    Last edited by Carbonetics; 03-04-12 at 03:17 PM.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    03-04-12 03:10 PM
    @crashberry the op replied, he got it returned to him and the cops are investigating, if you did read his post.
    03-04-12 03:11 PM
    @crashberry the op replied, he got it returned to him and the cops are investigating, if you did read his post.
    Then He's lucky like I said before the drunkard blew my words out of proportion.
    03-04-12 03:16 PM
    @crashberry

I was confident in getting my PB back as I had his phone #..In my city the # is registered to a name and address... there is no way to run from that!

If I was him "guilty or not", I'd rather be deemed safe by giving the pB back and being considered an inocent bystandard rather then having pocession of it and the police arresting me as the thief.

it was a simple situation, i Met him at the mall, he returned my PB. no harm to anyone. A good kid doing the right thing. The police will question him but at the end of the day he is safe "guilty or not"
    03-04-12 03:23 PM
    "If I was him "guilty or not", I'd rather be deemed safe by giving the pB back and being considered an inocent bystandard rather then having pocession of it and the police arresting me as the thief."

Thinking from a dishonest person's perspective, wouldn't it have been easier to toss it then show up? He would have been rid of it, you wouldn't know who he is and he'd be free and clear. Him showing up makes me think he ISN'T the who stole it.
    03-04-12 03:30 PM
    "If I was him "guilty or not", I'd rather be deemed safe by giving the pB back and being considered an inocent bystandard rather then having pocession of it and the police arresting me as the thief."

Thinking from a dishonest person's perspective, wouldn't it have been easier to toss it then show up? He would have been rid of it, you wouldn't know who he is and he'd be free and clear. Him showing up makes me think he ISN'T the who stole it.
    no b/c if he tossed it he would be guilty and charged!
    once I have his phone# police can get all his information.
    03-04-12 03:33 PM
    Haha! Social engineering.
    Stop trying to sound sophisticated.

"labell me in a negative way through use of social engineering"

Labell
    covice
    morrals
    im

I don't have to engineer anything. You're doing it for me.

Never once did I say to go hurt or steal from the guy who has the stolen playbook. I basically stated that the odds are against the OP of getting his item back. My thinking was that the person wasn't even going to show up at the meeting place. Why would the thief show up and not just sell or toss the playbook to rid himself of it? I also stated that if the OP does get his playbook back then he just got lucky because I know there is a chance of that actually happening. If the person does show up, I would not think he was the thief. Again, why would the thief go through the hassle of showing up? That would make no sense.

You need better reading and comprehension skills. And stop drinking so much!
    there you go again telling me im drunk when i know the truth about my habits , YOU ARE A LABELLER, and just cause of spelling mistakes you think you........bla bla bla , get it ? You and most in this thread talk about just taking the book back instead of paying , and you ask why a "theif"would show up,yes it makes sence to me as i have dealt with thiefs before and when they know you have no proof against them,it is there advantage to show up and return the book to " loose the tail" and make a profit, of corse youd have to be "drunk"and have no "comprehension skills"to miss that point
    03-04-12 03:35 PM
    no b/c if he tossed it he would be guilty and charged!
    once I have his phone# police can get all his information.
    Right. If he then tries to lie, things won't turn out so good.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    03-04-12 03:36 PM
    Then He's lucky like I said before the drunkard blew my words out of proportion.
    Another case of misslabelling to make yourself look better
    03-04-12 03:37 PM
    @DAnklaud if you must, use the report button.
    ezapper2 and DAnklaud like this.
    03-04-12 03:39 PM
    Thats that triangle mit exclemation mark? Thank you
    03-04-12 03:41 PM
    Relax, folks. This isn't about you two or your silly squabbles.
    03-04-12 03:43 PM
    I second this. Happy endings are the best.
    Aaah, I see what you did there.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    03-04-12 04:12 PM
    Aaah, I see what you did there.
    Typing it all on the playbook
    03-04-12 04:17 PM
    just wondering??? should I be paying this guy anything? the truth is he has my stolen PB and I can redirect the cops his way if I wanted to...

thoughts... should I give him the money he is losing?
    Give him $50 and you're still way ahead although at $100 he knew damn well it was stolen.

Tough call.
    03-04-12 04:27 PM
    Give him $50 and you're still way ahead although at $100 he knew damn well it was stolen.

Tough call.
    Un, op got it back already.
    Rdurrett99 likes this.
    03-04-12 04:30 PM
    So glad it turned out well - made me smile. Good thinking in tracking it down OP.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    03-04-12 05:07 PM
    Glad you got it back!!! Love stories like this because it restores my faith in humanity!
    Chaddface and ezapper2 like this.
    03-04-12 05:33 PM
95 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD