I got it 10am todayand I haven't had to turn my laptop on yet, and I'm normally on it all day. This thing is great. Just have a couple of questions.

1) Can I hide icons? I would rather not see the bridge applications under the"all" tab. Or maybe create folders like I can on my BB phone

2) Is there a quicker way to switch tabs in the browser than down-swipe (cani patent that term?) to choose?

Hardly deal breakers I know, I really do love his little thing. Obviously, I posted this with it lol.
    11-02-11 03:50 PM
    You cannot hide icons yet, But if you grab the 2.0 Developer Beta, you can put them into folders.

2. No.

And no you cannot patent the term. lol
    BRxWoden likes this.
    11-02-11 03:54 PM
    Welcome to the Playbook club. I am sure you will love it. If you like gaming there are some cool ones, I personally recommend Asphalt 6. As for laptop use, my laptop sits collecting dust since I got this thing.
    willtothewong likes this.
    11-02-11 06:44 PM
    Well I am a gamer but I have my xbox and PS3 for that. I have been using this tablet purely for day to day use. Though obviously I have that racing game pre-installed and I downloaded DoodleBlast.

The PlayBook got a lot of use last night. My nephew was born yesterday so I was emailing a lot with the bridge and facebooking a lot! And to be honest it was less hassle than it would have been on my laptop.

Another question though lol. The PlayBook underlines my spelling many mistakes, how do I pull up a list of corrections like I can on my phone?
    11-03-11 05:14 AM
    Hey there- I don't think there is a spell check feature on the Playbook, or I could be wrong.

You did mention you're a gamer- do you still have a chance to return the Playbook? You'll notice that the App World on the Playbook has a very low number of apps and RIM doesn't seem like they're really aggressively doing something to help.

You mentioned you like it at the moment, that's also how I felt when I first got it, but after a while you will see the many limitations on the Playbook compared to what you can do with either an iPad2 or Galaxy tab...
    11-03-11 05:44 AM
    ^^ you are entitled to your opinion...but it seems like u keep pushing the ipad and galaxy tab in a lot of playbook threads when no one is asking for a opinion on either.

This OS has only been on the market for 7 or so months and and has very good range of great games to select from. yes it has its limitations because it is a new and because of other delays by RIM....but give credit where it is due.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-03-11 05:59 AM
    Hey there- I don't think there is a spell check feature on the Playbook, or I could be wrong.

You did mention you're a gamer- do you still have a chance to return the Playbook? You'll notice that the App World on the Playbook has a very low number of apps and RIM doesn't seem like they're really aggressively doing something to help.

You mentioned you like it at the moment, that's also how I felt when I first got it, but after a while you will see the many limitations on the Playbook compared to what you can do with either an iPad2 or Galaxy tab...
    Are you paid for that or what ????
    BRxWoden, kbz1960 and Rello like this.
    11-03-11 06:01 AM
    I'm not a huge app user except from essentials like email, twitter, fb, love Bridging and the browser. The built in Word, Excel and Slideshow are all used on a daily basis so it's perfect for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 06:11 AM

There is some form of a spellcheck, its underlining my spelling mistakes, I would just like to have a list of corrections is all.

I am a gamer, every night you will see me on xbox live or the ps3, but thats not what I got the tablet for, I dont game on the go. The PlayBook is only a few months old so obviously the app store will be lacking. But the apps I have downloaded have been ofmuch higher quality than those released when Android first hit the streets (I had G1 back wheb it was new)

I am sorrybut to be honest I am little insulted, I ask a question or 3 about how get the best out of my PlayBook, in a forum section dedicated to to the PlayBook and you reply purely to belittle my decision to buy itin the first place, as if I spent �250 on a whim.

The iPad lacks space and and is way to big for me, it was never an option. As for the galaxy tab I know its still only 7", and supports flash but it can't bridge with my BB phone, and I use my BIS email a *lot* so the bridge is a huge boost for me.
    11-03-11 06:20 AM
    Hey BRxWoden!! There are some people on here who are super negative all the time. Do what I do and ignore them. Some sound like salesmen for other products.

Congrats on the new nephew!!!
    11-03-11 06:40 AM
    There is some form of a spellcheck, its underlining my spelling mistakes, I would just like to have a list of corrections is all.

I am a gamer, every night you will see me on xbox live or the ps3, but thats not what I got the tablet for, I dont game on the go. The PlayBook is only a few months old so obviously the app store will be lacking. But the apps I have downloaded have been ofmuch higher quality than those released when Android first hit the streets (I had G1 back wheb it was new)

I am sorrybut to be honest I am little insulted, I ask a question or 3 about how get the best out of my PlayBook, in a forum section dedicated to to the PlayBook and you reply purely to belittle my decision to buy itin the first place, as if I spent �250 on a whim.

The iPad lacks space and and is way to big for me, it was never an option. As for the galaxy tab I know its still only 7", and supports flash but it can't bridge with my BB phone, and I use my BIS email a *lot* so the bridge is a huge boost for me.
    Try not to take it personally... there are lots of folk here with strong views and opinions and sometimes they cross the line into personal abuse.

To answer some of your questions:

There are some aspects of PB functionality that are unfinished. The spell-check oddity you mention is one of those... it will underline a mis-spelled word, but not offer a replacement as would be the case on your phone. It's not a bug, it's as if RIM stopped at a stable (but incomplete) version of software so they could release it. These things will possibly be fixed in a future release (OS2?). Meanwhile they are an annoyance, but it's not a hurl against a wall deal (at least not for me )

The bridge, and the ability to use your phone's data plan, is one of the huge pluses of Playbook IMHO.

OS2 was mentioned above and is on the way, possibly in February 2012. It brings some new things to the UI - including the loss of those fixed tabs and the addition of folders. There is an Developer build of OS2 out currently, but it's not aimed at consumers and you'd lose the easy use of Bridge if you downloaded it. There are work-arounds involving use of the browser, but it's a bit clunky after the ease of just hitting a bridge icon. So it's up to you if you want to give it a try - you can revert to the current OS after 24hours. One of the stickies tells you how to do that.

Welcome to the forums. Give your Nephew my best!
    Last edited by JeepBB; 11-03-11 at 08:41 AM.
    11-03-11 08:32 AM
    The all tab will always show everything. The other tabs can be customized to your liking. Deleting an icon from the other tabs does not remove the app from the PB. I have so many icons that it's hard to find anything in the all tab. Instead I customize favorites, media and games.
    11-03-11 09:16 AM

I know you prefer some other brand, but give him some time to use the Playbook and let him decide if he wants to keep it or not. You're not the one who paid for the Playbook anyway.
    11-03-11 09:33 AM
    My apologies- was really just trying to help.

Anyway- I sincerely hope that OS2 will bring the fixes you need.
    Rello likes this.
    11-03-11 09:55 AM
    On the SPELLING issue - the Word app does provide spelling alternatives. The other apps merely show the errors but you are on your own for fixing them.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-03-11 10:09 AM
    Well I am a gamer but I have my xbox and PS3 for that. I have been using this tablet purely for day to day use. Though obviously I have that racing game pre-installed and I downloaded DoodleBlast.

The PlayBook got a lot of use last night. My nephew was born yesterday so I was emailing a lot with the bridge and facebooking a lot! And to be honest it was less hassle than it would have been on my laptop.

Another question though lol. The PlayBook underlines my spelling many mistakes, how do I pull up a list of corrections like I can on my phone?
    Just for fun - try Deadspace or Modern combat - push it out to a large screen with the hdmi output and output the audio to some decent speakers. Not a gamer myself, but do xbox and PS3 have touchscreens and a small handholdable form factor?

Get used to it - but don't worry - it's just a small contingent of malcontents who for some reason have dedicated their lives to insulting and harassing those who decided this was the best tablet for them.

Welcome to Crackberry...
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-03-11 at 10:22 AM.
    11-03-11 10:17 AM
    Get used to it - but don't worry - it's just a small contingent of malcontents who for some reason have dedicated their lives to insulting and harassing those who decided this was the best tablet for them.
    And your response to OP being insulted in the forums involves insulting people in the forums.

LOL
    11-03-11 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD