is there a way to set it up without wifi
    01-14-12 05:44 AM
    is there a way to set it up without wifi
    The simplest answer is no. I suggest traveling to where there is free wi-fi and grabbing something to eat there.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-14-12 06:38 AM
    What do you mean by "my tablet does not have WiFi anymore?"
    01-14-12 08:43 AM
    What do you mean by "my tablet does not have WiFi anymore?"
    I thought they meant they didn't have wifi at home any more. If it is the tablet, this could be interesting...tbd
    01-14-12 09:20 AM
    force hard reset. hold the power, back, and forwards buttons all at the same time. when it restarts if you dont have wifi, turn off playbook, on computer open blackberry desktop manager, plug in playbook to computer, when you see the window pop up click fix/repair.

did you check in settings k the playbook to make sure wifi isnt turned off, just in case.
    01-14-12 10:28 AM
    He's asking if there's a way to set up the new PB without wi-fi, and the correct answer to that specific question goes to tootdeurep.
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-14-12 10:34 AM
    RIM really needs to change this so the damn thing is usable out of the box. Nothing would be a bigger turn off to get it and open it in the car and realize you have a paperweight until you find wifi
    FF22 likes this.
    01-14-12 10:38 AM
    When I was having a problem with my first PB, I called tech support, and they were very helpful when I asked WTF one has to have wi-fi to initialize a new PB, and the young lad said that he's of the understanding that that is probably the number one complaint registered by first time PB users. I thought I was the only one, bu apparently not everybody has installed wi-fi. I have it now, and it is a nice thing to have, but damn if life wasn't made more difficult that first evening when I tried to get the PB up and running.
    01-14-12 10:46 AM
    RIM really needs to change this so the damn thing is usable out of the box. Nothing would be a bigger turn off to get it and open it in the car and realize you have a paperweight until you find wifi
    I mentioned this in the past but the story is too "funny" not to mention again. Tech toys are great gifts but usually reduce the overall take home. That said, mom got all four adult kids one of these items over the holiday. The festivities came to a crashing halt once the blue logo and usb cable showed up on the screen! The shirt (used to wrap the real gift) was nice, but no one really cared at that point. "What do you mean grandma doesn't have internet?"..."I'll be back soon, I promise"

Back on topic...OP where art thou?
    01-14-12 11:03 AM
    He's asking if there's a way to set up the new PB without wi-fi, and the correct answer to that specific question goes to tootdeurep.
    WOW, I gotta stop posting until first coffee is finished.
    01-14-12 01:10 PM
    WOW, I gotta stop posting until first coffee is finished.
    Forget the coffee, it's Saturday, and posting while enjoying a Plantation Punch is the only way to go.
    01-14-12 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD