Mixed for sure. I sideloaded a bunch of apps but not everything is honky dorey
    I am in exactly the same boat and know how you feel.
    beachhoppr likes this.
    08-16-13 09:55 AM
    Just be aware that the original 2012 Nexus 7s are being closed out at excellent prices. $199 for the 32GB model, and less for the 16GB. IMO, that's a much better deal than the cheaper tablets, which are much inferior hardware-wise.
    I still find the old ones are too expensive. Near my area at best buy they are still $200-230 depending on storage option, whereas the new one is $250. They should be a little lower but in a couple months they will, especially for the holiday season and boxing day. I'm planning to pick up a N7 2nd gen boxing day as I'm sure the price will be lower, even if just by a bit, and its already insane value will only be more accentuated. Though I agree the N7 2nd gen is by far the best value you'll find in a tablet.

But still, the new ASUS memo pad HD at $159 is quite the value for your money as well.. Its $100 cheaper and some people just aren't willing to spend that extra 100. The screen isn't as nice but it's still satisfying and has an ARM A7 quad core by mediatek which is again a satisfying option given its price. Though it's not quite up to par with the N7, at its price range it's an extremely appealing option and it will definitely get the job done. And ASUS makes quality products. They know where to cut costs while still offering quality hardware and reliability. I hope the old N7 goes below $200 soon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    08-16-13 01:11 PM
    and the screen is horrible.
    Are you blind ?

The screen is quite sharp and clear. You must have a dud PB.
    08-16-13 03:13 PM
    The lack of apps for the PB is seriously overblown. Pretty much everything I need was found in BB World and I'm a Systems Administrator.

Obviously not enough fart apps for people ... can't please everyone.
    yellowhammer likes this.
    08-16-13 03:17 PM
    Are you blind ?

The screen is quite sharp and clear. You must have a dud PB.
    Apparently someone can't read. I was referring to the Asus ME17V-A1-GR NOT the playbook. But thanks for being blind..
    08-16-13 06:27 PM
    Mixed for sure. I sideloaded a bunch of apps but not everything is honky dorey
    Now imagine paying $699 for it!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 06:42 PM
    ^^Oh boy... you just reminding me of my craziness...

Posted via Z10
    08-16-13 10:14 PM
    Upon receipt, I would have cried a river

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 10:59 PM
    Even if you only use it as an ereader, you've got a good deal. True?

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4633 O2 Uk
    08-17-13 10:51 AM
    I still find the old ones are too expensive. Near my area at best buy they are still $200-230 depending on storage option, whereas the new one is $250. They should be a little lower but in a couple months they will, especially for the holiday season and boxing day. I'm planning to pick up a N7 2nd gen boxing day as I'm sure the price will be lower, even if just by a bit, and its already insane value will only be more accentuated. Though I agree the N7 2nd gen is by far the best value you'll find in a tablet.

But still, the new ASUS memo pad HD at $159 is quite the value for your money as well.. Its $100 cheaper and some people just aren't willing to spend that extra 100. The screen isn't as nice but it's still satisfying and has an ARM A7 quad core by mediatek which is again a satisfying option given its price. Though it's not quite up to par with the N7, at its price range it's an extremely appealing option and it will definitely get the job done. And ASUS makes quality products. They know where to cut costs while still offering quality hardware and reliability. I hope the old N7 goes below $200 soon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Just sent one back. Line of dead pixels. Felt cheap in hand. There is really no perfect tablet.
    08-17-13 12:25 PM
    Apparently someone can't read. I was referring to the Asus ME17V-A1-GR NOT the playbook. But thanks for being blind..
    Imagine, asking Bubbles if he's blind.
    08-17-13 01:44 PM
36 12