got it on one of those daily deal sites. upgraded to OS 2.1. here are my thoughts so far

I like the heft of the device
    I like the screen
    I like the keyboard
    I like the OS usability
    Its a little sluggish at times but tolerable
    Bridge to my z10 works great
    But holy cow the app selection is awful

and the last item is the issue. if they could even get the apps on par with BB 10 things would be 100% better.

but for $110 its not a bad device.
    08-15-13 06:08 AM
    got it on one of those daily deal sites. upgraded to OS 2.1. here are my thoughts so far

I like the screen
    I like the keyboard
    I like the OS usability

and the last item is the issue. if they could even get the apps on par with BB 10 things would be 100% better.

You are not going to get anymore upgrade or apps for your playbook. Just enjoy it as is.
    08-15-13 06:17 AM
    It's not too bad with games, e.g. Angry Birds, Plants vs. Zombies, and some of the Gameloft action games. Splashtop is also pretty good. Browser selection is pretty good (Maxthon, Fast, Origami, Simple). Other than that, yes, the native apps are limited. You probably know that you can sideload some android apps ("some" means not all will work) and if you do, it is probably best to try "tested" android apps for the PB, e.g. goodereader.com. I think will you enjoy it just for the web-browsing and multimedia (video, music). The speakers and HDMI out are great.
    08-15-13 07:10 AM
    Why I should pay for Angry Birds?
    On other platforms its free.
    08-15-13 07:38 AM
    You don't have to.....just buy another platform
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    08-15-13 08:31 AM
    Yeah the app selection is awful. The os too is nothing great, especially the browser. Get origami browser from bb world you won't regret it.

I try to focus on the positives.... Mainly, it has HDMI out, a really nice screen compared to other tabs. Even today to get a nice tablet screen you have to spend $400. Except the the nexus line, of course. Then there's the speakers which ate also awesome, and the build quality. Hardware wise, it's still nice given the price and it's 2+ years old. It can use a slightly speedier processor and an extra 500mb of RAM but no choice there. The OS stinks and is dead.

I really just try to focus on the positives or else I curse at myself how crappy it is.
    08-15-13 09:32 AM
    Free with the advertisement after every game. Now they have videos you have to watch. Before, you could cancel out of the ad pretty easy.You have to pay to not be bothered.
    08-15-13 10:25 AM
    Game selection is actually quite good with Angry Birds family and Cut the rope and blah blah blah. I find Fast browser helps quite a lot for quickly toggling off the epic slow javascript engine of the stock browser and it has the best ad blocker. Goodbye youtube ads. Finally, Kalemsoft just rocks for smooth video streaming even with frequent scrolling, but make sure you have a good wifi network. If streaming stutters, you need a better network.
    08-15-13 10:30 AM
    Free with the advertisement after every game. Now they have videos you have to watch. Before, you could cancel out of the ad pretty easy.You have to pay to not be bothered.
    If the price of free is advertisements, don't be so cheap and just pay the $3 or whatever...
    08-15-13 10:33 AM
    I have 2 playbooks...was much happier when I learned about sideloading..and put a ton more apps on.
    Read about the Chrome app and goodreader site to get some Android apps.
    $110 is a great deal though...even if you just use it as an ereader and Video player.
    08-15-13 10:36 AM
    Not a bad deal but certainly not a "great" deal. For $129 you can get the Hisense Sero 7 Pro (Android). Hisense Sero 7 Pro price drops to $129 - Liliputing
    At this point it is a much more fully functional tablet.
    08-15-13 11:21 AM
    The Playbook's best attribute is its spectacular sound IMO.
    08-15-13 11:26 AM
    Which version did you get for $110 and where? Thanks.
    08-15-13 11:44 AM
    Not a bad deal but certainly not a "great" deal. For $129 you can get the Hisense Sero 7 Pro (Android). Hisense Sero 7 Pro price drops to $129 - Liliputing
    At this point it is a much more fully functional tablet.
    That looks nice! Any thoughts on the Asus ME17V-A1-GR that Walmart dropped to $109? It has 16gb built in.
    08-15-13 12:01 PM
    It's slow and sluggish, and the screen is horrible.Get a nexus 7 2nd gen you will thank yourself later. The ASUS is cheap for a reason, a 1GHZ single core CPU is painfully slow when trying to do to many things at once. Even a game will bring it to it's knees freezing up.

Better of looking at the Hisense Sero 7 Pro for Walmart if you want a cheap one that is better than the Asus.
    EchoesFX likes this.
    08-15-13 12:12 PM
    64GB wifi @1saleaday
    08-15-13 12:15 PM
    That looks nice! Any thoughts on the Asus ME17V-A1-GR that Walmart dropped to $109? It has 16gb built in.
    Or preorder the Asus MeMo Pad HD for $149 with 16gb.... Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 tablet up for pre-order for $149 - Liliputing
    agp101 likes this.
    08-15-13 12:20 PM

I like the screen
    I like the keyboard
    I like the OS usability

Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10, Q5 and Q10 Apps

That + the App World is the PlayBook's actual app market. Does it run as well as it does on Android? No. But it fills the gaps decently well for many of us.
    08-15-13 01:28 PM
    Or preorder the Asus MeMo Pad HD for $149 with 16gb.... Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 tablet up for pre-order for $149 - Liliputing
    I think this is the way I'm going to go. They're available now and I can run Spotify which is something I do need for my purposes. No HDMI out, but it has the wireless needed for the Google Chrome tv gadget that looks like a good way to go.
    08-15-13 01:29 PM
    I haven't used my PlayBook much since I got my Z10. It was handy while I was at school, but at home during the summer I just use my Z10 or pull out the laptop. The news that OS10 wouldn't make its way to the tablet killed it for me.
    08-15-13 01:35 PM
    Welcome to the "mixed feelings" world of PlayBook...

Posted via Z10
    Aek29 and ChrisMay like this.
    08-15-13 01:51 PM
    Welcome to the "mixed feelings" world of PlayBook...

Posted via Z10
    Mixed for sure. I sideloaded a bunch of apps but not everything is honky dorey
    08-15-13 02:27 PM
    I think this is the way I'm going to go. They're available now and I can run Spotify which is something I do need for my purposes. No HDMI out, but it has the wireless needed for the Google Chrome tv gadget that looks like a good way to go.
    It might even support miracast because the mediatek quad core apparently supports it. If that's the case, look into it as it basically mirrors your tablet screen wirelessly to your tv. In that case, theres no need for a chromecast because the chromecast is actually very limited. With miracast, you can do everything the chromecast does and much, much more. All you need to buy is a $35 dongle that connects to a hmdi port on your tv. Whats good is that these dongles also support dlna and Apple airplay so it's like a 3 in 1 package for the same price as a chromecast. Check it out
    08-15-13 11:53 PM
    It's slow and sluggish, and the screen is horrible.Get a nexus 7 2nd gen you will thank yourself later. The ASUS is cheap for a reason, a 1GHZ single core CPU is painfully slow when trying to do to many things at once. Even a game will bring it to it's knees freezing up.

Better of looking at the Hisense Sero 7 Pro for Walmart if you want a cheap one that is better than the Asus.
    The ASUS memo hd 7" is soon retailing for $159, and it's a heck of a deal for a budget tablet. quad core and satisfying screen, android 4.2. The single core model does suck i agree. $20 more gets you a respectable tablet lol.
    08-15-13 11:55 PM
    Just be aware that the original 2012 Nexus 7s are being closed out at excellent prices. $199 for the 32GB model, and less for the 16GB. IMO, that's a much better deal than the cheaper tablets, which are much inferior hardware-wise.
    08-16-13 12:28 AM
36 12