The only thing I like Bing for, is searching/using the maps on the playbook. Somehow I can better manage to manipulate the map(ex: zooming, moving the map around, satellite view, etc). Whereas on Google maps, it stalls, gets stuck, and so on. But for searching/browsing, Google's lay out of results is better on the eye.
    06-21-12 08:41 AM
    Searched for crackberry.
    06-21-12 09:00 AM
    I find that Google gives more results, but I'm suck filtering through a ton of absolute crap. Bing, on the other hand, gives me results for what I'm looking for. Without the junk being prioritized and at the top of the results.

Google maps wins though when compared to Bing maps. As much as I'd just rather not use Google at all, I have to for maps.
    06-21-12 09:20 AM
    Great guys.. Just wanted an opinion.. Thanks everyone for posting
    06-21-12 11:42 AM
    Google maps wins though when compared to Bing maps. As much as I'd just rather not use Google at all, I have to for maps.
    +1, especially because of Google's street view option which lets me see a place before I actually drive there. Helps a lot when I'm going somewhere for the first time (so I know what I'm looking for) or even if I want/need to see a certain address that's out of town and that I'd otherwise never be able to "visit".
    06-21-12 01:55 PM
    Searched for crackberry.
    Bing and Yahoo use the same database. Results are the same on both systems.
    06-21-12 02:52 PM
    I use Bing for maps and such it allows you to actually take a look at your destination. The "Bird's Eye" view is unmatched. I use Google for information searches.
    dave1701 likes this.
    06-21-12 03:04 PM
    I use Bing for maps and such it allows you to actually take a look at your destination. The "Bird's Eye" view is unmatched. I use Google for information searches.
    google actually has the same type of thing. 45* viewing angle that is
    06-21-12 03:13 PM
    I hate Bing.
    06-21-12 03:36 PM
    google actually has the same type of thing. 45* viewing angle that is
    I know but Bing has much better resolution, nice crisp clear images.
    dave1701 likes this.
    06-21-12 03:48 PM
    I don't understand this comment. Can you clarify? I understand that Yahoo really just uses Bing's results, but why are you saying Bing/MS is working with Yahoo?
    I was thinking they were working together to make both search engines better (and hopefully gain more market share) but I could be wrong. I'll have to find some references I guess.

Same for me.

Bing gives professional photographs which are a pleasure. Not at all the same as setting an image in Google.
    Agree.
    06-21-12 04:33 PM
    I was thinking they were working together to make both search engines better (and hopefully gain more market share) but I could be wrong. I'll have to find some references I guess.
    My understanding has been that Yahoo gave up on producing its own search results and now just funnels Bing's info into Yahoo's searches. So Yahoo is now just another portal for searching Bing.
    06-21-12 04:36 PM
    Like others, I really want bing to be better or at least as good as google. But I oftentimes use my search engine to bring up links to youtube videos and google's integration to youtube unparalleled.

For example, say I wanted to search for "Time to get ill" by the beastie boys.

News about "time to get ill"? Seriously?
    06-21-12 05:55 PM
    Like others, I really want bing to be better or at least as good as google. But I oftentimes use my search engine to bring up links to youtube videos and google's integration to youtube unparalleled.

For example, say I wanted to search for "Time to get ill" by the beastie boys.

News about "time to get ill"? Seriously?
    This is the very reason I dislike Google. And no offense but you are doing it wrong. You need to learn a few steps on searching the right way and see my steps below to appreciate Bing.

Firstly, search for 'Time to get ill' -

Bing - bing.com > video tab on top > (time to get ill - Bing Videos) Results - Attachment 112650

Google - google.com > no video tab but Youtube instead (so first web search then videos tab on left; https://www.google.co.in/#q=time+to+...w=1600&bih=775) > Results - Attachment 112651

Within Results -

Bing - Results show different arrow if it can be played within Bing or redirect to website - Bing UI (time to get ill - Bing Videos) - Attachment 112652

Google - All results are redirected to respective sites without any additional options.
    06-22-12 03:00 AM
    If you notice, Bing actually does a better search - by first providing you with actual search, then doing a reverse search with keywords and then defaulting back to original search giving you a better variety rather than a repetitive result.
    06-22-12 03:03 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD