I want to install the google play WiVideo app which is part of the Google Play free package... in order to view and control the camera ... I have a Playbook with op update 2.1xxxxxx.. 64 GB.... Who knows what about doing this ?
    03-08-14 07:06 PM
    I don't think you'll have any success. Sorry. While BB 10 devices have a chance of getting Google Play integration in upcoming OS upgrades, I don't think we'll ever see that option for our Playbooks.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-10-14 11:29 AM
    Very limited success in any google app with camera controls working on the playbook. Best thing to do would be to d/l the apk file and convert it yourself (PlayBook .apk to .bar converter). You can then sideload it, and give it a shot. Unfortunately, you have to do all these steps in order to get things to work. If you don't know how to sideload, you need to learn how to do it, as this is the only way to put android apps on the playbook.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-10-14 11:52 AM
    you can try to sideload it, but the sideloading aspect is sketchy, maybe 60/40 against. But you may want to look at Goodereader.com, there are alot of .apk all ready converted to a .bar file, and maybe someone already did this specific app. If not, you can still try to convert it yourself and see what happens. Good Luck!

Edit: saw the above as I was typing this out. You tube it, good instructions there.

03-10-14 02:32 PM
    I have been able to connect my Z10 to Adixxion sync. Works perfectly well: pretty much any function is there. It can be installed as ported app to PlayBook, but the Wifi connection does not work. Don't know about Wivideo because does not work with the new JVC action cam.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 05:44 PM
    I've been playing around with the Wivideo for the gc-xa1bu model (the original) on my Z10. I can only get the wifi connection through an AP. It won't connect through a hot spot. I'll see if I can get it running on my playbook.

BB10 4 ME
    08-24-14 06:57 PM