Hello,
    I'm looking for help as to why when I go to my google finance page, it says I am not "logged in" (to google) and must log in to view all my finance info (stock lists, portfolios, etc) I will log in, and it says it cannot log me in.
    Then if I go to another google function, like Google Mail, or Google+ it will show me as logged in. I only have the problem looking at my portfolio's on google finance on my Playbook.
    I have tried going to the webpage through various ways, logging in an out, changing settings, etc.
    was there an update blocking google finance on Playbook that I am unaware of?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Cameron
    03-17-13 04:06 PM
    I can think of a few things - What are your security settings in the Browser? Cookies, Private Browsing? You could try clearing the cache. Also, check and change your Flash and javascript settings for the Browser and try again. Finally, might be it detects a mobile device so limits the site/page you can visit. Is there any place on that page where you can change to something like "Full site" or "other html" or similar. If not, there are some other browsers where you can change the User Agent and make sites thing you are using Firefox or IE or others.
    03-17-13 05:47 PM
    Thanks for your help "F2"
    Unfortunately those options (not including changing browsers) have not worked.
    I'm a little fearful that google has blocked google.finance from being accessed on playbook.
    I know Samsung is beginning to develop their own OS (not sure if Google is giving them them the boot or they want to make it on their own) But I fear Google is getting smart and understanding that so many people use something google for everyday life. And will slowly take the ability to use google programs and sites away from other platforms.
    I'll keep working on this. But it's very frustrating since I enjoy reading my portfolio news on my playbook.
    Does anyone know if going to a logged in google finance page works on the BB10 OS?
    03-17-13 10:30 PM
    Thanks for your help "F2"
    Unfortunately those options (not including changing browsers) have not worked.
    I'm a little fearful that google has blocked google.finance from being accessed on playbook.
    I know Samsung is beginning to develop their own OS (not sure if Google is giving them them the boot or they want to make it on their own) But I fear Google is getting smart and understanding that so many people use something google for everyday life. And will slowly take the ability to use google programs and sites away from other platforms.
    I'll keep working on this. But it's very frustrating since I enjoy reading my portfolio news on my playbook.
    Does anyone know if going to a logged in google finance page works on the BB10 OS?
    I use side-loaded google finance with my playbook (os .1314 not updated to os .1526 yet) and it works fine except the back button sometimes goes back to g.finance start menu. I suggest a hard reset using both volume keys and power button. Sounds too easy but fixes many many problems.
    03-17-13 11:16 PM
    You'll have to forgive me for not having a clue what a "side loaded" os.1314 is... lol
    my current browser setting are:
    keep history for 30 days (I've changed this a few times now)
    private browsing off (no idea what it even means)
    block pop ups on
    accept cookies on
    enable websockets on
    enable weninspector off

for the history, cache, cookies and local storage I just did a Clear All

The problem seem to be the google finance not recognizing me when i sign in on the page, yet it recognizes my sign in for other pages if that makes any sense. I haven't downloaded very many games or apps and haven't changed the setting much. so it's still a puzzle to me.
    Thanks again for your help.

I tried the hard reset. I assumed you just hold all 3 buttons down until it resets itself?
    03-19-13 10:11 PM
    Sideloaded means he/she found an Android version of Google Finance.

It might be:

http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook...pps/?did=12253

That site as well as this one has info on sideloading.
    03-19-13 11:52 PM
    Thanks for all the help. your and knowledge is much appreciated.
    Now all I need is a Q10 (or Z10 if i end up not liking the Q) and I'll be set!
    the BB10 update for the playbook will be nice whenever it comes along,

Thanks again,

Cameron
    03-20-13 12:19 PM