I did a search on this but came up empty as to a solution. I use Google Contacts and enter birthdays, anniversaries and the like through it. The settings are such that these show in the Google Calendar and on my Linux Kontacts, likewise they are in the Calendar. Also, show in my Adroid phone Calendar app so, as to the Google application all is well. Google Tasks likewise works in the same ways so, it too is set up on that end.

I previously tried to get them to show in the PB Calendar but no success. The Calendar does sync okay with the Google Calendar. But, only the Calendar entries sync. I have no Tasks, Holidays, Birthdays, Anniversaries showing. I have gone through searches here and online but it seems it only worked when Google had AES enabled but, it was disabled by them. I have tried setting up another Google account on the PB but, it seems to only allow 1 per specific Google account.

This in the past was not much of an issue as I generally daily had either my Linux, Android phone or Window systems on but as strange as it seems, the Playbook has increasingly become my hardware of choice and I can go days and even weeks without using any other device. So, I am becoming more in need of a solution other than entering recurring entries into the Google Calendar to duplicate these items.

Is there something in the setup in the PB I am missing? There is an app in Blackberry World named Calendar Sync by StarvingWorks that from the description may be the answer but, in the description it is unclear if it actually works with the PB under the current OS version and reviews stop at Oct, 2013 so it appears it may not with the newer version. Is anyone using it with the latest OS version and if so, how is it as to functioning as a solution to my issue?

My OS is up to date; using 2.1.0.1917.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    08-19-14 10:40 AM
    Can anyone help here?
    09-18-14 10:27 AM
    Is there something in the setup in the PB I am missing? Is anyone using it with the latest OS version and if so, how is it as to functioning as a solution to my issue?

My OS is up to date; using 2.1.0.1917.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Hi Brian,
    I have the same OS, will try and load up gmail accounts with events, birthdays, etc. and report back here if it works.
    Hang in there

LP&HG
    09-21-14 01:08 PM
    Thank you as I still have not found a solution and since my first posting have all but sidelined every device save the PB and I use my phone only when I infrequently go out to the hospital, etc. so it gets little use.
    09-21-14 07:13 PM
    Thank you as I still have not found a solution and since my first posting have all but sidelined every device save the PB and I use my phone only when I infrequently go out to the hospital, etc. so it gets little use.
    Brian, I am attaching screenshots from my PlayBook. I entered the birthday on Google Calendar and then it synced to my PB. It also gave me a notification and is visible on the date entered.

One thing you may want to check is whether you have added your gmail account using the "Gmail" account option in advances settings in "Add Accounts" or by using the "Email, Calendar and Contacts" option.
    The former only syncs emails as far as I know (because I tried adding my gmail account using that without any success of calendars syncing. When I used the email calendar and contacts option, my events synced up perfectly and I had no issues.

Google Contacts Birthdays Not Showing in Calendar-img_00000017.pngGoogle Contacts Birthdays Not Showing in Calendar-img_00000019.pngGoogle Contacts Birthdays Not Showing in Calendar-img_00000020.pngGoogle Contacts Birthdays Not Showing in Calendar-img_00000021.png

In case the above method doesn't help, please let us know so we can try something else. Also, if possible, please post a screenshot of your accounts screen with your email address blurred out, so we can be sure that you are selecting the appropriate options.

LP&HG
    Attached Thumbnails Google Contacts Birthdays Not Showing in Calendar-img_00000016.png  
    09-23-14 01:22 AM
    I know I can do dates through the calendar program, I use it for scheduling. I am trying to use the dates subsystem in the contacts program for birthdays, anniversaries, etc related to individual contacts. It will sync and work with Kontact under Linux, Android and Windows but, have not been able to get it to sync and show in the PB calendar. My contacts, email and calendar do sync between Google and PB apps but the dates loaded in contacts do not show up in calendar. Over the years, I have some 3,000+ date entries in contacts and can not think of entering them all again into the calendar program just for the PB and if I did it would create duplicate entries in my other systems' calendars.

An advantage of using the contacts for these is you need not set up the dates as recurring entries. A recurring entry adds a record for each date bloating the database and if you use a set number of years but do not monitor it closely the date can drop off and be forgotten. This I learned the hard way years ago and why I used Lotus Organizer for decades.

PB calendar is also weak with tasks but, I can live with that. If I were still in business, though it would present a major issue. I seldom use Google through a browser as it defeats the offline apps' purpose and many times I am not connected to the Web when I need access to the calendar, tasks and contacts data.

Thanks for the help.
    09-23-14 09:23 AM