As the title suggests when I go to google.co.uk on my PB it now comes up as the mobile version (only 10% of the screen used), and I have to click on 'classic' to revert back to the full screen Google page...

Pretty sure nothing's changed...any suggestions as to keep it on classic view?
    07-30-13 03:27 AM
    As the title suggests when I go to google.co.uk on my PB it now comes up as the mobile version (only 10% of the screen used), and I have to click on 'classic' to revert back to the full screen Google page...

Pretty sure nothing's changed...any suggestions as to keep it on classic view?
    Hi,

I find this happens on my PB sometimes, but not consistantl, and I haven't found out what causes it, or how to stop it happening (I suspect it is something to do with Google, rather than the browser). Best thing IMO, is to get a decent 3rd party browser (I'd recommend Origami which is free in the BlackBerry Store). With this, you can set the type of browser that your PlayBook 'pretends' to be, so you can access the full, or the mobile version of sites as required.
    FF22 and reschp like this.
    07-30-13 03:51 AM
    sure this happens because we have to expect some update on the PB with correction of errors blackberry ns never give! thanks Blackberry
    07-30-13 05:04 PM
    This has nothing to do with BlackBerry. It has everything to do with Google making a re-direct change on their servers. For it to have worked properly for over 2 years (since the PlayBook was launched) and to now NOT work suddenly as it has in the past means that a change on Google's end has occurred. I too have experienced this myself recently and it is very irritating but you can bookmark the Classic version as you noted (the stored URL is much longer now unfortunately than simply Google [or .com, .co.uk or whatever]. So my advice is to just delete the old bookmarked method and re-add your new bookmark with the classic URL. Problem solved, life goes on...
    07-30-13 05:44 PM
    Yeah this annoying but do what chaosdivine says... bookmark the classic site
    08-03-13 07:45 PM
    Did do, deleted and re-added the bookmark to the homescreen. All good now.
    08-06-13 03:09 AM
    Doing this on mine also, even when I search from the address bar. Very annoying and I wish there was a fix to this.
    10-17-13 09:51 PM