I have tried everything from automated Gmail imap access with card dav to manual entry using advanced settings. It just keeps giving me an error to try again later when adding the calendar to the PlayBook.

Email and contacts work fine. Can anyone help?

Posted via Z10
    03-14-13 09:05 PM
    May have to wait for 24 hours. Seen other threads with this problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:24 PM
    I have been trying for 3 days now

Posted via Z10
    03-14-13 09:45 PM
    There are a number of slightly older threads full of this topic. Short version is that if you're just setting it up or you've deleted it and starting over you're probably out of luck due to Google changes. Mine worked fine for me earlier in the day today, but I've had it for a while.
    03-14-13 10:48 PM
    This is well wierd I agree, phones are syncing no problem but both playbooks are dead. I have been busy so have I missed something happening with google?
    03-15-13 04:34 AM
    I don't know if this could be of any help. Last night I set up a zoho account and ditched gmail due to privacy concerns. Everything synced smoothly to my PB - both mails and calendar.. However contacts did not sync at all. I realised that I transferred my contacts from gmail to my newly zoho set up AFTER I set it up in my PB. I went back to my PB and in the settings of my zoho account I opted not to sync my contacts. I then set it back again to sync with my contacts and indeed they did. Maybe you need to do something similar?
    03-15-13 05:19 AM
    I noticed the serverURL it syncs to rejects the PlayBook. An OS update is in order to address this issue.

How do we report this?

Posted via Z10
    03-15-13 07:09 AM
    I noticed the serverURL it syncs to rejects the PlayBook. An OS update is in order to address this issue.

How do we report this?

Posted via Z10
    Maybe I am being a little thick here but on Monday I set my wifes PB up with the calendar and everything pulled through smoothly, so why now does it reject the pb, is this not a google issue rather than a PB issue as nothing has changed since Monday on the PB's?
    Also my wifes droid phone (HTC) wont sync either with the calendar yet my BB will!
    03-15-13 07:41 AM
    Maybe I am being a little thick here but on Monday I set my wifes PB up with the calendar and everything pulled through smoothly, so why now does it reject the pb, is this not a google issue rather than a PB issue as nothing has changed since Monday on the PB's?
    Also my wifes droid phone (HTC) wont sync either with the calendar yet my BB will!
    Well if Google has changed something then PlayBook needs to play nice with it. Google won't stop their changes as long as it doesn't affect their loyal android, iOS and BlackBerry phone users. The playbook might not have been even tested.

I'm thinking Google obviously won't undo and blackberry would need to comply hence the OS update

Posted via Z10
    03-15-13 10:59 AM
    The more I look into it the more I am convincing myself its a general google glitch rather than them messing, checking the droid forums it is also common there that every so often it goes down and droid bods are also cheesed off with it!
    Tried outlook.com and it is working a treat on the PB but not the phone (os7). Going back to pen and paper system, far more reliable.
    03-15-13 11:56 AM
    I know from forum that new updated OS for bb Z10 10.0.10.85 can solve problem of syncing google calendar. However, I cannot find how to update my OS. Update check does not find it.. Can anybody help?
    03-17-13 02:23 AM
    I'm experiencing the same issue since last week with google calendar.
    This is a frustrating issue, PlayBook was the perfect agenda....
    Seeing that Z10 users have solved an analogous issue thanks to a firmware upgrade we NEED an official support from RIM (software upgrade?). Meanwhile, any suggestions from crakberry users?
    03-17-13 09:57 AM
    I know from forum that new updated OS for bb Z10 10.0.10.85 can solve problem of syncing google calendar. However, I cannot find how to update my OS. Update check does not find it.. Can anybody help?
    U should look it up in the z10 forum but since you are here. You will need a sim card of a carrier that has the software update released for u to be able to update ur device

Posted via Z10
    03-17-13 03:46 PM
    The only way to overcome this issue (for the playbook..) is a fimrware upgrade? what is your opinion karanveer?
    How Can we make aware RIM of this issue and demand a fix?
    03-18-13 08:31 AM
    Both my Playbooks were syncing the Google calendars just fine... up until a few days ago. Now nothing. This has me crippled as far as business use goes. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
    03-18-13 10:59 AM
    It to am having the same issue. Used to work fine, but I deleted by gmail account and then re-added it, now email and contacts work just fine but Playbook refuses to setup the caldev for gmail. If someone comes up with a work around please let me know!!!!! Major pain in the A$$.

Thank you!
    03-18-13 11:31 AM
    Well folks, I went here How to sync multiple Gmail calendars on your BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com, followed all the instructions, rebooted both my Playbooks and now they're BOTH syncing GoogleCalendar just fine! Thank you so much for all the help - that is one great posting since it got me going again. Phewwwwww!!!
    03-18-13 11:43 AM
    No joy for me, just followed the instructions completely and it does not work. I ran into trouble @ this step: In your web browser, go to https://m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/welcome and you should see PlayBook listed like the picture below.

The Playbook is not listed...nor can I get it to show up?
    03-18-13 12:29 PM
    No joy for me, just followed the instructions completely and it does not work. I ran into trouble @ this step: In your web browser, go to https://m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/welcome and you should see PlayBook listed like the picture below.

The Playbook is not listed...nor can I get it to show up?
    Me thinks you might have missed the step where you set the Default User Agent to iPhone 3.0??? Reboot Firefox, and follow the steps carefully and see if you can do it. Let us know. After I followed the steps in Firefox, I rebooted both Playbooks, waiting about 10-20 minutes and voila, instant syncing on both of them.
    03-18-13 12:48 PM
    I did do that step, tried it several times in a row. I was able to get Playbook to show up using internet explorer user agent switcher however. Still no joy, when I add the gmail calendar account on the playbook, it gives me an error
    03-18-13 12:54 PM
    Bummer... sorry to hear this. What is the error message?
    03-18-13 01:11 PM
    i have 2 PB. i have been using google to sync for the last few months on my PB. last night i tried to setup my wifes PB and it will only sync contacts and email.

when i setup my account, i went into the accounts screen, "add new accounts," then "email, cal and contacts" "advanced settings" then "microsft active sync"

in the user name and email address field, enter email address then password. in the server address enter m.google.com

in my playbook it syncs all 3 with no problem and shows it as one service. on my wife's playbook, the calendar is missing but contacts and email work. they show as two separate services.

i tried to program my profile on her PB and all three work.

has to be a setting within Gmail....
    03-18-13 01:20 PM
    The activesync doesn't work also for me, the PlayBook says that the service is unavailable for my account (error code 403). I guess the service works only for users that have used it before the 1st of February...
    03-18-13 02:23 PM
    Cant get it to work via active sync (which was expected) but now caldev doesn't work either???
    03-18-13 02:31 PM
    I had the same issue on one of my Playbooks for a few days and have somehow managed to get my calendar back to normal ... not read only, and syncing to Google Calendar again. In my panic during that time when it wouldn't work I tried a variety of things including flirting with Outlook, trying to resurrect Tungle.me and installing various Android calendars.

I did find an Android app called CalenGoo that does synch with Google (both ways), and allows for offline viewing, I foind an .apk, converted it at http://apk2bar.unker.net and sideloaded it. It's not as pretty as the native calendar, but it works. I'm relieved that for now I'm back, but I'll hold onto the converted .bar of CalenGoo just in case things start acting up again.
    03-18-13 04:30 PM
30 12