Greeting,
    I apologize if there is an answer to this issue already in the forums and I have missed it. I have read through numerous posts regarding google calendar syncing issues and can't find a resolution to my particular issue.

Issue
    I am having difficulty getting my Google calendar entries to appear on my PlayBook.

Background
    I created a new account on my PB and added my Google login info. In the Advanced tab, I set it up to only sync the calendar entries and tried both push and manual....neither work as my Google calendar shows fine on the website but nothing appears in the native calendar app on my PB. Next, I did some research on CrackBerry and came across a workaround for multiple Google calendars...which I followed. Now, I can see both of my Google calendars listed in the menu of the native PB app, but still no calendar entries. Finally I tried deleting the Google acct on my PB and recreating it...still not working. I also tried adjusting the manual vs push settings....still nothing.

Any help or guidance that my fellow CrackBerryians can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    09-04-12 10:53 AM
    Are there check marks in each of the calendar boxes you want in the top menu (i.e. when you swipe down from the top)? If you add something to one of your google calendars on the PB itself, do you get a "syncing" message in the bottom left of the screen (make sure you select an active google calendar to add to rather than the local PB calendar)? Try setting up a "dummy" calendar via the google website and add some items to it and see if it will sync. I found when I first trying to get my android phone to sync to google calendar I ended up making a new calendar and copying everything over to get it working (the default 1st one didn't like to sync). Beyond that hopefully someone else will chime in with suggestions.

ETA - I have mine on "push" I believe. Try hitting the refresh in the top menu and see if that gets you anything. And don't forget to have your wifi (or other internet connection) on.
    09-04-12 05:36 PM
    Are there check marks in each of the calendar boxes you want in the top menu (i.e. when you swipe down from the top)? If you add something to one of your google calendars on the PB itself, do you get a "syncing" message in the bottom left of the screen (make sure you select an active google calendar to add to rather than the local PB calendar)? Try setting up a "dummy" calendar via the google website and add some items to it and see if it will sync. I found when I first trying to get my android phone to sync to google calendar I ended up making a new calendar and copying everything over to get it working (the default 1st one didn't like to sync). Beyond that hopefully someone else will chime in with suggestions.

ETA - I have mine on "push" I believe. Try hitting the refresh in the top menu and see if that gets you anything. And don't forget to have your wifi (or other internet connection) on.
    Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately it didn't work. All of my calendars were checked. I tried adding an entry on my main google calendar on my PB, along with one on an imported google calendar... It said syncing, but nothing showed up online when I checked the site. I'll try creating another main calendar and adding a few entries to see if it will work, but I'm not holding out hope. Any other ideas? It seems like something isn't connecting somewhere.

Ps. Wifi is active because I'm online and can get emails. It was the first thing I checked..
    09-04-12 09:02 PM

Ps. Wifi is active because I'm online and can get emails. It was the first thing I checked..
    Figured you had, but it always pays to not overlook the obvious. The only other think I can think of is do you have your sync time set to manual? Something makes me think I had a problem with it syncing if it was set that way even if you clicked on refresh. That's all I got. I feel your pain though. I had some challenges initially getting it all to work friendly together (android phone, iphone, PB, and 2 laptops ) but if you can get it working it's sweet.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    09-04-12 10:02 PM
    Hi,

I assume you�ve used this procedure to setup your google calendars: http://crackberry.com/how-sync-multi...berry-playbook ?

I�ve got 8 Google calendars setup that way and they all sync fine. Although I should mention that it took PB quite a while after the initial setup to complete the first sync. At that time I thought myself that it didn�t work. So I left the PB native calendar app open and rechecked half an hour later.

So the question is: did you allow PB native app to complete the sync during your trials?

Regards,
    Higgs
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    09-05-12 09:22 AM
    Figured you had, but it always pays to not overlook the obvious. The only other think I can think of is do you have your sync time set to manual? Something makes me think I had a problem with it syncing if it was set that way even if you clicked on refresh. That's all I got. I feel your pain though. I had some challenges initially getting it all to work friendly together (android phone, iphone, PB, and 2 laptops ) but if you can get it working it's sweet.
    That was my hope... to get my PB, BB, and Desktop all to have one calendar that I can sync. I was able to sync my 9900 to my Google calendar just fine using Google Sync.. but for some reason my PB is giving me fits. I also have an school calendar set up through MS Exchange on my PB and it works great.. When I set up my Google calendar, I didn't set up a gmail email address...do you think that matters? Do you think I could get tech support to assist from either Google or RIM...or would I end up having to pay for it?
    09-05-12 09:29 AM
    Hi,

I assume you�ve used this procedure to setup your google calendars: http://crackberry.com/how-sync-multi...berry-playbook ?

I�ve got 8 Google calendars setup that way and they all sync fine. Although I should mention that it took PB quite a while after the initial setup to complete the first sync. At that time I thought myself that it didn�t work. So I left the PB native calendar app open and rechecked half an hour later.

So the question is: did you allow PB native app to complete the sync during your trials?

Regards,
    Higgs
    The link you provided is just taking me back to the main CrackBerry page.. but I'm pretty sure I know what link you are getting at. It talks about switching the user agent, selecting the PlayBook, changing the URL to "true" and then selecting the calendars. If so, I did that... Before I did it, only one of my Google Calendars would appear in the options in the native calendar app on my PB... now all 3 of the calendars appear.. but still no calendar entries. As I mentioned previously, I've tried it on both push and manual settings.. I've tried creating an entry on the Google calendar on my PB and then seeing if it appears online (which it doesn't). I've also tried creating a new Google calendar, going through the process above to add it, and then both adding a new entry online and on my PB... neither of which sync'd.

On main page of my Google account on my PB, I just have Sync Calendar checked as "On"

Here is what I have for advanced settings:

Description: Google
    Domain: blank
    Username: my email address that I set up my Google calendar account with..which isn't a gmail address (not sure if that matter)
    Email address: same as user name
    Password: obviously my password
    Server address: m.google.com
    Use SSL: On
    Push: Right now, it is off.. but I've had it as on too... neither worked.
    Sync interval: 5 minutes
    Messages Sync Timeframe: 30 days

I allowed the calendars to sync both times and I've tried manually syncing them as well.. it just gets a green circle spinning for about 20 seconds and then stops and brings me back to the calendar page with no google calendar entries.

09-05-12 09:53 AM
    Hmm, it is now taking my clients' PB/BBs c.30 minutes to synch calendars between a phone and the playbook... I assumed this was something to do with GoogleSync no longer working....

And when I originally set up the gmail calendar on the phones & PB, it took about three hours for the synching to kick in for the first time

I am interested if anybody nows how to speed up the synching time (the calendar entries synch within a minute to gmail-calendar on a laptop - the 30 mins delay is onto the PB or BB)

Anybody else suffered a similar issue?
    09-05-12 03:26 PM
    Just tested mine and it was nearly instantaneous between playbook and my laptop (using Lightning add-on with Thunderbird mail client). Possibly a 30-60 second delay to the phone, but that could have been the user .
    09-05-12 06:30 PM
    Sometimes linking here on the forums breaks... Try this one:

http://crackberry.com/how-sync-multi...berry-playbook
    09-05-12 07:24 PM
    Sometimes linking here on the forums breaks... Try this one:

How to sync multiple Gmail calendars on your BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com
    Thanks for the link....I already followed this with no avail. My google calendars appear in my native calendar settings but none of the entries are syncing to my PB or vice versa. Any suggestions? Are my settings above correct?
    09-05-12 08:01 PM
    I suggest removing the account from the PlayBook all together. Your contacts and messages will vanish from the device. Reboot then add it back. Ignore this if you tried it already (00:18am here).

There is also setting the calendar separately. Edit you gmail so you turn calendar sync off. Then proceed as if you were going to add a new email account then hit Advanced and pick CalDav. Server is www dot google dot com.

After that is set, go back to the main gmail and reenable calendar sync. (you'll probably get dupes, but the CalDav version allows you to add attendees to your appointments, so just hide the calendar associated with the main gmail).

Let us know what happens!
    09-05-12 10:21 PM
    I suggest removing the account from the PlayBook all together. Your contacts and messages will vanish from the device. Reboot then add it back. Ignore this if you tried it already (00:18am here).

There is also setting the calendar separately. Edit you gmail so you turn calendar sync off. Then proceed as if you were going to add a new email account then hit Advanced and pick CalDav. Server is www dot google dot com.

Click to view quoted image

After that is set, go back to the main gmail and reenable calendar sync. (you'll probably get dupes, but the CalDav version allows you to add attendees to your appointments, so just hide the calendar associated with the main gmail).

Let us know what happens!
    I tried your suggestion about adding a CalDav calendar and then reenabling sync.. I got the CalDav calendar entries on my PB, but no others. Instead of continuing to fight with this SOB, I just created another Google account, added the 2nd calendar and sync'd the my alternate calendar entries to it, and then added another Google CalDav account to my PB with this new Google account email address. Surprisingly it worked but HOLY ISHT... what a pain in the arse. It would be nice to have one account with all of the calendars that I can add/modify/delete entries, etc... but this will work.

Thanks to all of you for your input and help. It is very much appreciated!!
    Last edited by mnhockeycoach99; 09-06-12 at 12:11 AM.
    09-06-12 12:09 AM
    It is strange though that you had so much trouble setting it up, I get the shared calendars on the main gmail and have set CalDav for the ones I Kay need to invite people to stuff (That said, I have the same layout you do know, heh).

Glad it is all working now.
    09-06-12 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD