Just bought a Playbook 2 and set up the calendar to sync with Google Calendar. This has worked for three weeks, but yesterday, it stopped accepting new appointments so I deleted the account on the Playbook and tried to re-add t.

now, I can't add the calendar account at all. The error message says: e-server is not available and calendar account can't be added. try again later.

It is now later and still no success.

i have re-booted and tried several times with same result.

It accepted the mail and contacts, but not the calendar.

Thanks for any help.
    03-18-13 07:31 AM
    Are you adding it as a CalDAV account? There is a chance you are trying to use ActiveSync which Google has said they are dropping for free Gmail accounts. Make sure you use CalDAV when adding the account.
    03-18-13 07:38 AM
    i was using the Gmail account option, since it is a gmail account :-) It also worked before yesterday.

for the CalDAV option, do you know the server address?
    03-18-13 12:59 PM
    have 2 PB. i have been using google to sync for the last few months on my PB. last night i tried to setup my wifes PB and it will only sync contacts and email.

when i setup my account, i went into the accounts screen, "add new accounts," then "email, cal and contacts" "advanced settings" then "microsft active sync"

in the user name and email address field, enter email address then password. in the server address enter m.google.com

in my playbook it syncs all 3 with no problem and shows it as one service. on my wife's playbook, the calendar is missing but contacts and email work. they show as two separate services.

i tried to program my profile on her PB and all three work.

has to be a setting within Gmail
    03-18-13 01:23 PM
    nope, did not work.

Thanks anyway.
    03-18-13 02:18 PM
    Google recently announced the discontinuation of Activesync support for all new account set-ups. Though previously set-up accounts may still work for a while.

All new connections to Gmail, Google Contacts, and Calendar have to be made using IMAP, CardDav, and CalDav. Google recently signed off on a reprieve for Windows Phone users because WP8 doesn't support CardDAV/CalDAV yet.
    03-18-13 03:56 PM
    CalDav isn't working on my device. I can use my Playbook browser; enter the address and get the .ICS, but trying to do the same thing from Accounts fails with the message the server is not responding or something like that. Guess we are waiting for either Google or Blackberry to fix this. Back to using Bridge for those calendars..
    03-19-13 07:44 AM
    CalDav isn't working on my device. I can use my Playbook browser; enter the address and get the .ICS, but trying to do the same thing from Accounts fails with the message the server is not responding or something like that. Guess we are waiting for either Google or Blackberry to fix this. Back to using Bridge for those calendars..
    In all honesty I have suffered with Google sync problems for nearly two years. Do yourself a big favor if it is possible for you to do it. Drop yourself a contact .csv file and a calendar. csv file from Google. Open an outlook.com account (free). Import your calendar and contacts into outlook.com. Check the data in outlook.com is valid. Set up your outlook.com account on your phone and pb. Violla, your phone and pb and pc are automatically in sync whichever device you choose to use to add/modify data with. You can still have your Gmail account should for some reason you need it.
    mhmediaonline likes this.
    03-19-13 05:12 PM
    In all honesty I have suffered with Google sync problems for nearly two years. Do yourself a big favor if it is possible for you to do it. Drop yourself a contact .csv file and a calendar. csv file from Google. Open an outlook.com account (free). Import your calendar and contacts into outlook.com. Check the data in outlook.com is valid. Set up your outlook.com account on your phone and pb. Violla, your phone and pb and pc are automatically in sync whichever device you choose to use to add/modify data with. You can still have your Gmail account should for some reason you need it.
    It seems to work intermittently for me - up until today I was able to happily sync between PlayBook, Curve 9320 and Google Calendar in the web. Today Google is not handing over nor receiving any changes, and although the linked Google calendar shows up in the PlayBook it's kinda greyed out so I can only view it.

It's a pain!!!
    03-21-13 11:16 AM
    Tried this and while the PB syncs nicely my phone wont! tho it is OS7. Yahoo Calendar will also sync with the PB and it is a little easier to get the ical file from googs and import into Yahoo but as with outlook.com my phone wont sync the calendar, only mail and contacts.
    03-21-13 12:30 PM