Bought my 64gb playbook the first day it went on sale back in April 2011. The past couple of months the mini usb port hasn't worked. So I charged it using the stand. Now the chargeports on that have stopped working =(

Time to buy a new playbook =)
    castoridae likes this.
    07-29-14 07:37 PM
    Sounds like you've gotten a fair amount of use from the one you had, and best if luck with a new one.
    07-29-14 07:47 PM
    good luck getting a good one
    07-29-14 07:50 PM
    07-29-14 07:53 PM
    I understand that... my father told me once that if his life would be repeated and he will be given a chance to start all over again, he will still marry my mom... some guys are really sweet...

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 11:31 PM
    Bought my 64gb playbook the first day it went on sale back in April 2011. The past couple of months the mini usb port hasn't worked. So I charged it using the stand. Now the chargeports on that have stopped working =(

Time to buy a new playbook =)
    Try to inspect the rapid charger ports on the dock and PB. Make sure they are clean and not bent in anyway (e.g. make sure the contact strips are making good contact).
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-30-14 08:44 AM
    Yes, remember it's a magnetic connection to the rapid charger. Just check to see if any strange debris is on the contacts. Also, i had a rapid charger die on me. Make sure it's not that either. I have numerous docks, so losing one didn't impact me.
    07-30-14 10:57 PM
    DUST will interfere with the contacts on the Charging Dock and Praybook. And every once in a while, I take a tooth brush (clean) an brush out the contacts on both the dock and PB. You can always tell when the positioning of the contacts are starting to get a bit wonky
    when you place the PB onto the dock and just rock it back and forth a tiny bit and if you see the charge indicator change state, you know you need to clean the contacts, and seating surface.

c
    07-31-14 11:39 AM
    Clean the contact with methylated spirits
    08-01-14 03:36 PM
    She's ALIVE! Yes, it wasn't seated properly on the rapid charge ports.

I'm thinking of getting the usb port repaired, but the only place I've found here in vancouver costs $85. =(
    awindsr, castoridae, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    08-02-14 03:37 AM
    She's ALIVE! Yes, it wasn't seated properly on the rapid charge ports.

I'm thinking of getting the usb port repaired, but the only place I've found here in vancouver costs $85. =(
    If they are reliable, it might be worth it. Is it a laptop/cellphone repair place or what?

Since I'm just south of you in Seattle, just in case I ever need it, what's its name?
    08-03-14 01:53 PM
    08-03-14 06:50 PM