Hi all

just thought I would start a thread to highlight how many PB owners have not really had any issues!

I know that the general idea of a forum is for people to find solutions to problems and issues they are having, and generally we all enjoy contributing to finding solutions for people who need some help

BUT, in order to give some confidence in the BlackBerry PlayBook for those who maybe considering buying one, I for/one can say, that I have had absolutely no issues to report (apart from a couple of sideloaded android apps) and have it bridged with my work 9320 which is brilliant!

hopefully plenty of others will add a positive comment as well!

cheers
    12-25-12 12:26 PM
    Not a bad idea! I'm one of those PB users who has been reading this forum for months and go to bed thankful that I haven't experienced the problems described by many. I have the 64gb but I don't have BB phone. Maybe that's my blessing. I've side loaded a couple dozen Android apps and get the occassional hiccup but nothing to get excited about. I am thrilled to death with the PB and can't understand why it isn't more widely touted.
    Tim1131, neilwhite and kdeckels like this.
    12-25-12 12:36 PM
    Same for me. I love my playbook and 9930 is a great phone.
    12-25-12 12:41 PM
    Same here. As an old iphone, then Android guy I wanted to go back to my beloved Blackberry's because of simplicity. I have since given my iphones away and have a 9900 and a 64g palybook.

I have had zero problems and love them so far! Well except, I have to pay for the mobile hotspot thing from ATT....

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk
    kdeckels likes this.
    12-25-12 12:44 PM
    LOL!! Normally when a device is working, no one complain and therefore there's nothing to say. You know, something about squeaky wheel gets the oil. I think often we are not that familiar with the device itself, there's a learning curve. Some of us jumping the gun crying the sky is falling, the sky is falling. If playbook is such a horrible device, many and I would not have gotten multiple units and recommended to others. Yes, the pricing is a big motivator. Truth be told, should my 3 playbooks are beyond salvage tomorrow, I'll get the LTE version stat! Because of my positive user experience as well as dealing with the company. No difference from those who upgrade their Ipod touch, Iphone or Imac every so often.
    12-25-12 12:45 PM
    Good thread lofty. I,ve had few bumps in the road but still love the Playbook, especially the gui. Looking forward to reading lots of positive comments.
    12-25-12 12:47 PM
    10 playbooks and counting, one hdmi port issue RIM fixed that right up with a brand new one. No complaints here other than the simple inability to override the sleep mode in most apps.
    12-25-12 12:50 PM
    This is a great idea. I cannot wait to see the responses on this thread. I've had problems with my playbook, but keep the positive comments (and energy) coming. Rim needs this for 2013.
    12-25-12 12:59 PM
    Ive been one of the fortunate ones, no problems with PlayBook or 9900. Perhaps I am tempting fate?
    12-25-12 01:18 PM
    4 playbook, and two 9810s, no issues with phones, the only playbook with issues is mine that I sideload and experiment to death
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    12-25-12 01:23 PM
    I do the same with both, gotta love the Hybrids
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    12-25-12 01:35 PM
    5 PlayBooks, passing them over, still have 2 64s. The oldest one is a bit slower than the other one. I'm just finishing a backup/factory reset/restore cycle (2nd in 2 years). I think speed degrades as you start playing around with too many sideloaded apps.

If you are having trouble doing a backup/restore, trick is to uninstall some apps until you get the ok from Desktop Manager when backing up.
    12-25-12 01:37 PM
    As a longtime PlayBook user (and abuser, lol) I've had a few problems here and there but nothing I wouldn't expect in any device. It's a great tablet. Still going strong and everyone that I have bought 1 for or has got 1 per my recommendation has lots of positive things to say about it too. If you don't have a problem with the app gap, that is closing more and more as time goes on mind you, then it's still the best buy on the market.
    I have 2 friends that have them, my father, wife, myself, and stepdaughter. They all work great.

And when BB10 makes its way to the PlayBook, it will be even greater, more apps, even better functionality, and so on. So if you are on the fence about getting one anyone that might be reading this, it really is a great buy.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 12-25-12 at 02:08 PM.
    12-25-12 01:40 PM
    2 PlayBooks for me, 1 for my wife and 1 for my daughter: No battery drain issues, no wifi issues, no browser issues, no email issues, no charging issues, no usb issues, no display issues, no DM issues, no backup issues...etc...In other words, no issues I can think of or remember . At work we have 8 PlayBooks and all have been problem free except for one, which was having multiple problems until the OS was reloaded and now good. That was related to what we think was a bad app load (corrupt file) before the last update.

FWIW, none of the above PBs have ever been sideloaded, had botched updates, had any wipes performed nor had any android apps loaded (that I'm aware of).

If wiping, hard or soft resets resolves an issue, i don't consider those "PlayBook" issues as they are not chronic in nature and have been resolved by simple actions, many being caused by a bad download, corrupt files or not performing a reboot after an app download or update. Standard deletions of problems apps, I believe, can cause lingering problems due to corrupt or broken files being left in the system, no different than a PC.
    12-25-12 02:00 PM
    I bought mine in September and I am so happy I did. It works flawlessly 99% of the time. When things get weird I noticed it is when I use Facebook on the browser and occassionally Yahoo mail will act up. That is about it. Nothing unusual because it also happens on my laptop with both of them. In fact, it is more reliable in general than my computer. This is one purchase that I will never, ever regret. I look forward to using it everyday, it is a workhorse, incredibly reliable and above all, it is so much fun!
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    12-25-12 02:03 PM
    I've had mine for a month or two, and haven't had any real problems either. I've experimented with petty much every setting I could find, regularly use email and twitter, browse web sites and watch Amazon Prime videos (love being able to connect it to the TV if it's something we all want to watch). I routinely copy files (music and videos) to and from my PlayBook over WiFi without trouble. I haven't done any sideloading, but I have tried out quite a few apps from appworld without any problems (other than with the apps themselves). Both the initial update when I first activated it and the last update a few days ago worked fine.

Overall, I'm really happy I bought mine
    12-25-12 03:46 PM
    well I am glad I started the thread now berry Buddy's :-)
    good to hear all the positive comments
    Merry Christmas everyone
    12-25-12 03:55 PM
    Gave my wife one for Christmas and she one upped me by getting Xfinity tv to work on hers & I had given up on it a long time ago.
    12-25-12 04:21 PM
    Have bought 5 and all going strong other than operator errors but that is to be expected.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays.
    12-25-12 04:54 PM
    My husband and I have had ours (16 & 64 g) 15 months and nary an issue. They are used daily and more stable than our laptops. My PB has allowed me to easily and inexpensively upgrade professional speaking presentations. Santa brought me a mini keyboard so I am totally happy. The fact we are about to get new tabs (BB10) free is unbelievable.

At the release price I didn't see myself as a tablet customer. Now that I have used the PlayBook so extensively for business and personal use I will never give it up! I am a passionate fan.
    12-25-12 05:05 PM
    very good thread! I would like to add my positive experiances by saying that I have 2 playbooks in my house [mine (32gb) and wifes(16gb)] and we haven't had 1 problem...ZERO and I got my nephew one for Xmas which he LUVS btw as I showed off what the PB is capable of doing! and when I first got my playbook I brought it to work and they were so impressed with it that 3 of my co-workers bought one! I ask them all the time if they still like thier PBs and if they are having any trouble with them and they report no problems except for 1 that had a TINY stuck pixel... I think maybe 75% of people having trouble with the playbook is user error! sorry but that is my belief as I have the sh*tiest router at my work and the playbook connects and works no problem until, the wifi drops which is the routers fault as all our devices drop the wifi! LOL I see to many posts that ask if the playbook is able to run iphone apps or asks how to play movies or how to transfer movies which I'm not trying to make fun of anyone, but some of the folks should not own these devices! LOL transfering movies is sooo easy! anyways I for one enjoy and luv using the playbook and will continue to do so regardless if we update to BB10 or not...
    12-25-12 05:42 PM
    I just got mine today and I'm hoping for smooth sailing from here on out!
    12-25-12 05:56 PM
    I got mine since June 2011 and no problems so far!!!
    12-25-12 06:10 PM
    Had mine since November, no issues to report thus far. Loving it!
    12-25-12 06:18 PM
    My first one had some problems, but RIM replaced it and I have had minimal problems with the new one. I am very happy with my PlayBook and use it everyday. I like the way it works.
    12-25-12 07:44 PM
53 123