May be old news to some, but I have just discovered 'filmon.tv'
    You can set up a free account, and it lets you watch most of the main UK TV channels live (plus a load of channels from the rest of the world I think, but I haven't really investigated those).
    It is a bit clunky, and does contain adverts, but it is a fairly neat way of watching live TV on the PlayBook.
    It also has a PVR feature, which lets you record TV shows (can set it to 'record' up to 3 days in advance) onto the FilmOn servers, and then either stream them or download them to your local storage to watch when offline (downloads do not expire, which is nice, as you can keep stuff until you get time to watch it which in my case can be weeks after I recorded it sometimes).
    sad_old_man and hreiner1 like this.
    08-29-13 08:08 AM
    You can set up a free account, and it lets you watch most of the main UK TV channels live (plus a load of channels from the rest of the world I think, but I haven't really investigated those).
    It is a bit clunky, and does contain adverts, but it is a fairly neat way of watching live TV on the PlayBook.
    It also has a PVR feature, which lets you record TV shows (can set it to 'record' up to 3 days in advance) onto the FilmOn servers, and then either stream them or download them to your local storage to watch when offline (downloads do not expire, which is nice, as you can keep stuff until you get time to watch it which in my case can be weeks after I recorded it sometimes).
    I will try it, just because I like your eyes!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-29-13 09:34 AM
    Let me know if you find The Benny Hill Show...........................

C
    CJH315 and sad_old_man like this.
    08-29-13 09:37 AM
    I will try it, just because I like your eyes!
    08-29-13 09:43 AM
    Let me know if you find The Benny Hill Show...........................

C
    Have you tried YouTube??

EDIT: After 30 seconds searching:

EDIT-2: Wow, it puts the video into my post - cool!

This service shows live TV, so if it on on the TV now, and is on one of the channels that this website supports then you can watch it.

I'd still suggest YouTube though, it is amazing what you can find there.

<Digression> Recently re-read 'The Crow Road' by Iain Banks, and I remembered that in the 1980s (I think) there was a TV version made. Couldn't find it locally, looked on YouTube, and managed to download all 4 episodes onto my PB...
    Last edited by ChrisMay; 08-29-13 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Added link
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    08-29-13 10:15 AM
    Have you tried YouTube??

This service shows live TV, so if it on on the TV now, and is on one of the channels that this website supports then you can watch it.

<Digression> Recently re-read 'The Crow Road' by Iain Banks, and I remembered that in the 1980s (I think) there was a TV version made. Couldn't find it locally, looked on YouTube, and managed to download all 4 episodes onto my PB...
    I have loaded it on my pb and your eyes are still wonderful?
    08-29-13 10:28 AM
    I have loaded it on my pb and your eyes are still wonderful?
    Ahh, thanks! I was considering changing the colour soon... what do you think?
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    08-29-13 11:02 AM
    Ahh, thanks! I was considering changing the colour soon... what do you think?
    Not at all!!!!! Those piercing blue eyes are wonderful!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-29-13 11:07 AM
    Watch out! SOM really likes animals....

c
    08-29-13 11:16 AM
    Have you tried YouTube??

Benny Hill was/still is funny, although a bit dated. I still watch him once in a while. Did you know that Daphne from "Frasier" was one of the "Hills's Angels" dancer???

She still rocks!

C
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-29-13 11:18 AM
    Not at all!!!!! Those piercing blue eyes are wonderful!
    Blue??! - When did you last have YOUR eyes checked (or have they always been plain?)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-29-13 11:52 AM
    Watch out! SOM really likes animals....

c
    ...!!!!!??
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-29-13 11:56 AM
    Benny Hill was/still is funny, although a bit dated. I still watch him once in a while. Did you know that Daphne from "Frasier" was one of the "Hills's Angels" dancer???

She still rocks!

C
    You know what, somewhere, deep in my memory, I think I did know that...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-29-13 11:57 AM
    You know what, somewhere, deep in my memory, I think I did know that...
    Ah not only piercing blue eyes but clever as well! I likes that I does!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-29-13 03:52 PM
    thanks
    works well here in NYC
    regular free channels

08-29-13 09:57 PM
    thanks
    works well here in NYC
    regular free channels
    He's still got lovely eyes though? Don't you think? Well for a cat anyway?
    08-30-13 11:59 AM
    Thanks for the info, I will check it out!!!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-31-13 04:58 AM
    Thanks for the info, I will check it out!!!
    You wouldn't think he's a famous celebrity would you?
    08-31-13 07:14 AM