hello everyone,

today i was playing nfs on my pb, had it hooked up to my 23" monitor via micro hdmi cable, everything is going great, right until i get thirsty.

it was at this point i rotated my chair to go get some water and the arm rest snagged the hdmi cable, oh no!

my playbook took a good 3' (1m) drop from my desk to the wood floor, landed on the lower right corner and..... absolutely no damage, not one scratch or scuff anywhere, screen is 100% as well.

currently i do not have any form of case/skin on my pb, though after dropping it i will be looking into getting one.

just thought id share my story with a happy ending with the crackberry nation
    06-01-11 06:18 PM
    Phew!! You are lucky. My heart just stop reading your post! I dropped mine about three feet from my desk as well, but luckily it was in a case. I dropped it the second time for good measure. It slid right of the pile of stuff I was carrying in a grocery store and landed on the cement floor!

Luckily it was in a case. I know they're relatively strong, but get a case. I got the iCon graphite (at Best Buy) and it's the best case. The flap that goes over the screen is padded and all the corners are protected. It also doesn't add too much bulk. When closed it looks like you're carring a daytimer/agenda.

Protect your baby!
    06-01-11 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD