04-20-11 08:05 AM
    Sounds excellent. AT&T is crap and we all know they want to charge to bridge
    04-20-11 08:14 AM
    Good to hear!
    04-20-11 08:19 AM
    Who really cares how many they sell at this point. Great, they out sold another **** product, with another half baked product.
    04-20-11 09:22 AM
    Not surprising that it's selling better than the Xoom. Blackberry has a consumer base that is longing much more for a newer, fresh product. While with Android, users have so many choice that there's no need to rush out and go grab the first tablet available. That's the problem being an Android manufacturer.... to many similar devices that makes it hard to sell a lot of yours. RIM should sell a lot of playbooks because it'll be the only QNX tab for a while. Same thing with the iPad. Everyone knows it's gonna be at least a year until another comes out so you won't have to worry about having a better version coming out 2 months after your purchase.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-20-11 09:30 AM
    I think that its a good sign to have good first day numbers as it will give RIM great incentive to improve and add the features that users want. I havent got mine yet as it will be delivered today. I was not happy at first but now I feel like I have a good idea of what to expect from reading all the posts on Crackberry. I am on Verizon so tethering should work. I say leave AT&T if they treat you like that. I live in a major metropolitan area and AT&T has such lousy coverage in the valley. I can go anywhere and have great coverage with Verizon. I am looking forward to my Playbook and took today off so I could play with it. Will add my two cents later
    04-20-11 09:44 AM
    Who really cares how many they sell at this point. Great, they out sold another **** product, with another half baked product.
    A lot of us actually.

If they only sold to all the registered users on Crackberry, then you can say 'bye bye' to future PlayBook support
    04-20-11 09:49 AM
    What's interesting is the note about demand being skewed towards the 32gb and 64gb models, but inventory are mostly 16gb.
    It's known that the iPad 16gb base model is the highest demand, and looks like RIM stocked accordingly. But the PlayBook crowd seems to be different, perhaps more affluent? more business users who are less price sensitive? more willing to spend a bit more since this is a work tool instead of a toy?
    04-20-11 10:00 AM
    thats true, I ordered the 64 because this thing has full HD/HDMI output which means it'll be my portable cinema
    04-20-11 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD