I thought we could use some more good news about how the Playbook is a solid device and an advantage over possibly some other tablet tech.

I rock an almost 3 year old Bold 9700 that I got on release day. I've been holding out for several reasons, but most importantly because this phone is still standing strong.

Saturday night, my trackpad seemed to be malfunctioning. It won't swipe and navigate, but will accept clicks. I figure for an almost 3 year old phone, this is possible. I don't have a good alternative for a backup phone, so I have to make due with this one. I found a replacement trackpad online and have ordered it and hope for it to be here this week.

In the meantime, it is really frustrating and tough to use your blackberry without a touchscreen and no navigation. Thanks to Bridge on my Playbook, I can check my emails and my BBM very easily. Thanks to the Phone remote app, I can remotely navigate on my phone to check text messages. I know this isn't ideal, but if I had another tablet, I would be completely dead in the water right now waiting for my trackpad to come in or I would have had to go get a new phone.

I'm glad that the pair of Blackberry handheld and Playbook is a powerful combination and hopefully this proves that!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-03-12 10:37 AM
    Side note, if OS 2.1 would drop with Bridge SMS right now, I'd really be in a better position!
    wxmancanada and Chaddface like this.
    07-03-12 10:41 AM
    Yes hopefully that sms bridge thing isnt only a rumor. I badly want that lol.
    07-03-12 11:48 AM
    I thought we could use some more good news about how the Playbook is a solid device and an advantage over possibly some other tablet tech.

I rock an almost 3 year old Bold 9700 that I got on release day. I've been holding out for several reasons, but most importantly because this phone is still standing strong.

Saturday night, my trackpad seemed to be malfunctioning. It won't swipe and navigate, but will accept clicks. I figure for an almost 3 year old phone, this is possible. I don't have a good alternative for a backup phone, so I have to make due with this one. I found a replacement trackpad online and have ordered it and hope for it to be here this week.

In the meantime, it is really frustrating and tough to use your blackberry without a touchscreen and no navigation. Thanks to Bridge on my Playbook, I can check my emails and my BBM very easily. Thanks to the Phone remote app, I can remotely navigate on my phone to check text messages. I know this isn't ideal, but if I had another tablet, I would be completely dead in the water right now waiting for my trackpad to come in or I would have had to go get a new phone.

I'm glad that the pair of Blackberry handheld and Playbook is a powerful combination and hopefully this proves that!
    If you had another tablet with a data connection, it would be even easier. Or, if you had a wifi tablet and tethered a smartphone to it.

I don't think there is anything unique to the Playbook that has helped you more in this situation than other tablets, but I'm otherwise glad it has worked out for you.
    07-03-12 11:56 AM
    If you had another tablet with a data connection, it would be even easier. Or, if you had a wifi tablet and tethered a smartphone to it.

I don't think there is anything unique to the Playbook that has helped you more in this situation than other tablets, but I'm otherwise glad it has worked out for you.
    Hmmm.... Tell us what other tablet out there supports BBM as the OP stated was one of the things he listed as what his PlayBook helped him with?

For my own curiosity is there any tablets that support SMS?
    07-03-12 12:06 PM
    iPad does with imessage and it is fast and easy to use.
    TL is correct, the ipad with imessage is as close as you are gonna get, BUT it still does not compare to the experience of the BB on a PB. No tablet integrates with a phone as well as the PB does with a BB. You can even use the BB's internet connection on the PB without charge (unless you are an ATT customer that is).
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-03-12 01:29 PM
    Side note, if OS 2.1 would drop with Bridge SMS right now, I'd really be in a better position!
    And the wifi bridge connection that was mentioned.
    07-03-12 03:00 PM
    Not really on topic, but this was the first thing I thought of after reading the title of this post:

Anyway, great to see the PB showing of its versatility yet again.
    07-03-12 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD