Good to see PCworld giving the PB prominent placement in their adverts this weekend. But dismayed to see The Sun newspaper totally ignoring it in their roundup of the best tablets for xmas.

review of apple’s ipad mini and rivals | The Sun |Features
    11-03-12 02:28 PM
    Goes without saying!!!! RIM need some good PR and advertising done
    madman0141 likes this.
    11-03-12 02:41 PM
    the sun is not an example of a paper that will advertise something that will hurt the tabloid readers mind... their target audience is the average man or woman who enjoys reading what a celebrity wore for dinner the previous night instead of a breakthrough in science and technology or a serious war thats happening....

so i can pretty much guess for sure the most recommended tablet was the apple ipad cos its the most famous one in the world... so its an easy decision made for the reader.... adding a blackberry or a relatively unknown tablet would complicate the matter...

(also anyone who reads such newspapers, i do not mean to cause offence, this comment is also half jokey)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BigwhiteUK and PatrickMJS like this.
    11-03-12 03:11 PM
    the sun is not an example of a paper that will advertise something that will hurt the tabloid readers mind... their target audience is the average man or woman who enjoys reading what a celebrity wore for dinner the previous night instead of a breakthrough in science and technology or a serious war thats happening....

so i can pretty much guess for sure the most recommended tablet was the apple ipad cos its the most famous one in the world... so its an easy decision made for the reader.... adding a blackberry or a relatively unknown tablet would complicate the matter...

(also anyone who reads such newspapers, i do not mean to cause offence, this comment is also half jokey)

I don't read that clap trap of a paper but having said that, page 3 is usually informative.
    11-03-12 03:34 PM

You're right. I much prefer reading the opinion pieces on the lefty newspapers thinly disguised as unbiased news. More articles about how police and soldiers are bad people and more articles about how everything in the world should be regulated by Political Correctness please! "happy holidays". Don't forget to support school boards putting social justice content into lesson plans because teaching morals and ethic is clearly the schools prerogative , not the parents by gosh. All good stuff you'll find in the Star/Globe.

I don't suppose the Sun's much easier to read 2-page layout has anything to do with it either eh Comrades?
    /sarcasm
    11-03-12 03:43 PM
    I cannot open the link. However, it does not surprise me. A device that is 1 � years old is not going to be reviewed when there are brand new products available.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    11-03-12 03:59 PM
    I love my pb but am guessing it has to do with the fact that there's nothing new at this point with the pb? They've released the 4G in Canada and the 3G in the UK (from what I've read) but nothing else new to see. Hopefully when BB10 is finally released RIM won't drop the ball again with advertising (even when the pb was first released I think I saw maybe 4 tv commercials?? ) and things will pick up. Sad they'll miss Christmas sales yet again.
    11-03-12 03:59 PM
    I love my pb but am guessing it has to do with the fact that there's nothing new at this point with the pb? They've released the 4G in Canada and the 3G in the UK (from what I've read) but nothing else new to see. Hopefully when BB10 is finally released RIM won't drop the ball again with advertising (even when the pb was first released I think I saw maybe 4 tv commercials?? ) and things will pick up. Sad they'll miss Christmas sales yet again.
    Well one would think that as a logical reason for not being advertised... but it doesnt seem to be because nothing new has come from the pb etc... its constantly ignored... in articles speaking of 7 inch tablets... the playbook is never mentioned... for example... when the kindle fire came out.. bbc news made an article about its release. towards the end of the article you have the usual.. can it survive to other competing tablets like the nexus.. etc... but the playbook is never mentioned as a competing 7 inch tablet....

its as if it does not exist...new or old.. the world ignores RIM
    11-05-12 09:34 AM