Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd discuss this here, So I've been thinking, With PlayBook itself and BlackBerry 10, we're starting to see more of this touchscreen concept.

So theoretically what would you guys think if RIM had some type of agreement in which screen protectors like the Zagg InvisibleSHIELD were preinstalled on their devices.

I know it may sound like a small thing but screens are screens and its inevitable not to scratch a screen right, It might be one of those small things but hey it might go a long way right.

Of course the user could always get a screen protector themselves although having one on from the get go is seemingly a good idea.

Any thoughts?
    04-04-12 12:07 PM
    Imagine how many people's are ruining tons of screen protectors at their first try and more to continue^^.
    04-04-12 12:21 PM
    Imagine how many people's are ruining tons of screen protectors at their first try and more to continue^^.
    At least this way they won't immediately scratch up their screens right
    04-04-12 12:29 PM
    The problem with this is that there are a lot of less intelligent people in this world that would think their screen was scratched like all because their screen protector is scratched. Screen protectors aren't nearly as resistant from scratches as gorilla glass is.
    04-04-12 12:32 PM
    I would be very annoyed if there was a screen protector forced on me. If I'm going to have a screen protector on my device I want to be able to choose which one.

Screen protectorless on my Playbook and proud.
    slashd0t likes this.
    04-04-12 12:35 PM
    The problem with this is that there are a lot of less intelligent people in this world that would think their screen was scratched like all because their screen protector is scratched. Screen protectors aren't nearly as resistant from scratches as gorilla glass is.
    Or you COULD make it apparent to the consumer that it comes with a screen protector preinstalled

Gorilla glass scratches, believe me we use it in our Biology labs at our University to store bacterial and viral samples
    04-04-12 12:38 PM
    I hate screen protectors on phones.. I would never buy it if it had one installed..
    04-04-12 12:52 PM
    At least this way they won't immediately scratch up their screens right
    Yep, i won't mind it. If it's a good screen protector i will keep it. If it isn't i will pull it off right away.
    Or i would first wait for a spare screen protector before i will pull the old one off.
    04-04-12 12:58 PM
    I hate screen protectors on phones.. I would never buy it if it had one installed..
    Pull it off.
    04-04-12 12:58 PM
    Gorilla glass! What a great selling point to add to the many others. "A virtually unbreakable, unscratchable screen!"
    04-04-12 01:23 PM
    Gorilla glass! What a great selling point to add to the many others. "A virtually unbreakable, unscratchable screen!"
    Gorilla glass can scratch
    04-04-12 01:28 PM
    I never use one and don't plan to either. No scratches.
    04-04-12 01:33 PM
    It would at least prevent the inevitable air bubbles I always get when applying screen protectors

Although I don't actually have a screen protector on my PB (yet, at least). It's only ever carried in the pouch it came with, so it won't get scratched in there and I only use it with my fingers, which won't scratch it, and a very soft tipped stylus, which also won't scratch it. It's different for e.g. a phone, which is usually case-less in my pocket, so much more likely to be scratched by keys, loose change etc. in the pocket. I have a screen protector on that.
    04-04-12 01:46 PM
    The air bubbles go away over time anyhow.
    04-04-12 01:48 PM
    RIM can't make extra money if they have the PB protected right out the box. I'm sure they figure a small amount of user will drop it on the first day breaking the bezel and needing a new one. All PBs should come with an OtterBox.
    04-04-12 02:28 PM
    Gorilla glass can scratch
    Yes IF you have a diamond cutter! Gorilla glass is the real deal, but I don't know how it would hold up to a drop test.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XAhcIlO3DQ[/YT]
    04-04-12 02:32 PM
    In 20 years of using mobile phones and 15 years of using tablets, I've never used a screen protector and never had a scratched or cracked screen. And I keep my phone in the same pocket as my keys...
    04-04-12 04:56 PM
    Yes IF you have a diamond cutter! Gorilla glass is the real deal, but I don't know how it would hold up to a drop test.

You don't need diamonds to scratch gorilla glass

Glass is shatter prone, plastic is scratch prone. Now if there was a perfect combination of both
    04-04-12 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD