That said there have been studies that say you learn more from hand writing than you do from typing, so taking actual notes in class vs typing them should be better, ideally you want one of those pens that store what you write and then you can throw it into a OneNote file when you are done each day.

I'm voting desktop + tablet over Laptop + tablet
    I would vote for a tablet PC vs a PB or iPad. You have the ability to write on it or type on it. As for the desktop, most tablet PC manufacturers offer a docking station so it can double as a desktop with external monitors and keyboard.

So I guess my real vote would be a Tablet PC + tablet. Since the tablets are a good item for ebooks and other items, but I really don't think taking notes on them are useful in a science, technology, engineering or math field. Some things are just easier to write than type.
    02-04-11 07:49 AM
    I hope it supports powerpoint.
    From what I have seen, Docs to Go is included with the OS.
    02-04-11 08:24 AM
    We haven't seen much of it, but I have seen video of both landscape and portrait typing and it seems you can do both with just thumbs. Think I'd prefer portrait tho.
    02-04-11 05:16 PM
    Does the PB require a data plan?
    If u got ur blackberry just use that for ur data wen u connect them together

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 10:33 AM
    Most of them gave lot of advises,I agree with some previous posts that it would most likely be in your best interest to get a reasonable laptop or desktop to keep at your dorm if it is in your price point, some things are just easier to write than type.

enterprise application devolopment
    international schools in Hyderabad
    Florida home for sale by owner
    buy property USA
    realestate investor
    02-07-11 12:05 AM
    Hey, I've found a way to easily take notes in my classes with my playbook. Here's a video of my method.

Paperless Note Taking with Playbook (prototype 3)

You can make one of these yourself with minimal money and effort. I've been using this method for two semesters now as a Mechanical Engineering student. It's worked wonderfully so far, and it's really nice to have all my notes in my playbook everywhere I go. Another thread with this idea can be found here
    03-16-12 03:26 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD