I bought a case designed for a Kindle and discovered it also is tailor made for a Playbook. Even the access holes are in the perfect spots. This makes me believe that BB designed the Playbook around an existing device since it seems too coincidental.

The case is made by Timbuk2. It is a little robust, so good for travel, etc. but not so good for sticking the Playbook in your back pocket. The "gripster" edges are great for standing the screen up for viewing.

Here is a link: New Kindle Fire HD 7" Gripster Jacket | Kindle Fire Sleeve - Timbuk2 Bags
    09-02-13 07:07 PM
    Thanks for sharing sounds like a decent option for anyone who still has not acquired that 'perfect' case.

But re;"... makes me believe that BB designed the Playbook around an existing device since it seems too coincidental."
    When was the PB first rolled out? The earliest I find any reference to the 7"KD is nov'11 !?

nite....
    09-02-13 07:32 PM
    Actually, it was the other way around. First, the PB, then the Kindle Fire which, if I recall, is made by the same outfit that made the pb for rim/bb.

I don't recall if the dimensions are exactly the same. I like the official Kindle Case I got for my Paperwhite. It has a very thin frame which the Paperwhite snaps into. But access to the bottom ports on the pb probably would be blocked. It is almost like the official pb-keyboard combined case but does not have the excess size for the keyboard. It looks like the one below:

Amazon.com: Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" Standing Leather Case, Royal Purple (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7"): Kindle Store
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-02-13 07:35 PM
    That case is not tailor made for the Playbook, in that (1) there is no hole for the rear facing camera, and (2) the case would cover the Playbook's speakers.
    09-02-13 07:56 PM
    There is a hole for the USB plug at bottom center, a hole for the power and volume buttons on other end and access to the headphone jack. I have not noticed the speakers being hindered. If the flap is down, I think you would want them protected anyway.

The device fits snugly into the case. I'm not surprised that the same outfit made (makes) both the Playbook and the Nexus, if that is the case.
    09-02-13 08:49 PM
    I bought plenty of cases for my playbooks. The best so far is the Targus Zierra. I bought 2 on clearance sale for like 25$ for both red and black. They usually sell this at 50 bucks.
    09-03-13 10:57 PM
    I like my Incipio.
    09-05-13 09:53 AM