Has anyone found a good, but low cost screen protector for the PB? The last one I got for just over $1, and it causes a lot of bubbles that are very hard to get rid of. Ok, I know pay $1 and you get junk usually. I still don't really want to pay over $5 - $10 max (I know, I'm a cheapskate ) if you have one to recommend. Thanks for any assistance.
    01-17-12 12:59 AM
    I use this: screen protector for playbook

they go on perfectly and I have never had any bubbles.
    space_traveler likes this.
    01-17-12 01:05 AM
    bubbles are probably caused by application method, not cheapness of the product.

that said, i got an icon 2 pack for less than $20
    01-17-12 01:14 AM
    I use this: screen protector for playbook

they go on perfectly and I have never had any bubbles.
    Thanks. Those look like good ones at a good price.
    01-17-12 01:20 AM
    bubbles are probably caused by application method, not cheapness of the product.

Well, I followed these instructions How to Apply a Screen Protector: 6 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow and still got a ton of bubbles. I even used an old credit card, as recommended, when applying the screen protector, to try and get rid of all the bubbles, to no avail.
    01-17-12 01:23 AM
    You can always check ebay or Google etc, many cheap ones out there.
    Hahaa cheapskate, long time i haven't heard that!
    Thanks, yes I am aware of that, but what I was hoping for was the advice of someone who has tried a screen protector and found that it applies/works good and still for a low price.
    01-17-12 01:24 AM

Not true, the cheap and nasty ones are stiffer and less pliant, and bubble more easily.
    01-17-12 02:33 AM
    Had a BlackBerry brand screen protector on since launch (came free with the Playbook) and it served me well. Had a nice matted finish too to minimize fingerprints. Just a few days ago my friend ordered a "cheap" 3-pack from Amazon that was not matted. I took the plunge and changed mine, since he had 2 spares. The picture is much more vivid, but the fingerprints do tend to stick more vs. the "high quality" screen protector. Overall, 3 for $5 is well worth it in my eyes. As others have said, it's the application method.
    01-17-12 06:10 AM
    Had a BlackBerry brand screen protector on since launch (came free with the Playbook) and it served me well. Had a nice matted finish too to minimize fingerprints. Just a few days ago my friend ordered a "cheap" 3-pack from Amazon that was not matted. I took the plunge and changed mine, since he had 2 spares. The picture is much more vivid, but the fingerprints do tend to stick more vs. the "high quality" screen protector. Overall, 3 for $5 is well worth it in my eyes. As others have said, it's the application method.
    I just recieved and applied a matte, anti-glare one and it really fuzzes up the screen image as well as makes finger swiping less than smooth, I hate it. I've ordered now another pack of smooth glossy ones instead.
    01-17-12 06:15 AM
    I tried several of the cheap-o protectors but either got bubbles or reduced touch sensitivity. I finally broke down and paid retail for a Zagg protector and it was worth the money. More involved application process but the end result is light years better. Put one on my wife's iPad also.
    01-17-12 06:33 AM
    I usd a screen protector at first, but took it off after a while and went nekked, much prefer the feel and responsiveness of the bare glass which is pretty tough, no scratches on mine and finger prints or smudges clean very easily with soft cloth.
    anon(2254645) likes this.
    01-17-12 06:43 AM
    I have a gloss type installed right now. Should I change it to a matte one?
    01-17-12 07:18 AM
    I have a gloss type installed right now. Should I change it to a matte one?
    Why, are you having problems with it?
    01-17-12 07:22 AM
    I have 3M natural view screen protector and it is great. Got a 2 pack on ebay for 13.00
    Mine does not have a single bubble or a speck of dust under it. I cleaned my screen witha microfiber cloth first, I then peeled about 2 inches of back off protector, hover the protector about an inch off screen the give a blast of compressed air to blow away any dust that may have settled. Line it up and slowly lay it on screen. Any bubbles are easy to work out, its almost like liquid under it because the bubbles just slide out. At least on my play book it was that easy and it still looks great after a couple of months.
    01-17-12 07:30 AM
    Why, are you having problems with it?
    It catches thumbprints/marks like anything.

Plus, I have a matte one on my 9900 and pinching/swiping is much easier.

I am just afraid that using a matte one would not let me enjoy the clarity of the PBs screen.

What do you guys reckon?
    01-17-12 07:46 AM
    It catches thumbprints/marks like anything.

Plus, I have a matte one on my 9900 and pinching/swiping is much easier.

I am just afraid that using a matte one would not let me enjoy the clarity of the PBs screen.

What do you guys reckon?
    I already posted my thoughts above.
    01-17-12 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD