This is a home for postings from those who are going to look for Playbooks in local stores this weekend and whether they were or were not successful.
    03-24-11 03:20 PM
    Finally a dedicated thread. I have seen soo many different threads about the same stuff I forget which Staples thread a posted in

And yes to the idea of looking this weekend. 6 Different staples stores and 6 different answers.
    03-24-11 03:34 PM
    I hope it comes out over the weekend, but I'm not holding my breath on it. The earliest that has been rumored (that I've seen) is next Monday-Wednesday, and that was only for pre-orders. I asked a nearby Staples manager, and they said April 19, whether it's pre-ordered or in-store. hopefully it does come out this weekend though, because I want one!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 03:47 PM
    I am starting next week. Got a few leads on some Staples in Houston, TX claiming to get it next week.

03-24-11 05:32 PM
    Happy hunting! Hope somebody bags one because everyone is on pins and needles waiting to hear a first-hand account.
    03-24-11 06:41 PM
    Why in the world would you expect to find the Playbook anywhere thisw eekend if it's to be released on April 19th? Guess you really need to get a life!
    03-24-11 06:48 PM
    A lot of Staples stores are going to be getting them in a week or so. But really, if you think about it, those Playbooks they are receiving will be most likely for training purposes before they get sold to customers. At least that's what I think.
    03-24-11 06:54 PM
    Why in the world would you expect to find the Playbook anywhere thisw eekend if it's to be released on April 19th? Guess you really need to get a life!
    No need to be rude..

On a side note, i found this post about staples and the availability in playbookdaily.com

BlackBerry PlayBook not Available in 3 Days via Staples. (April 12th)

Some guy had a chat with staple's customer service and he/she thought that he was referring to the Motorola Xoom, not the playbook.
    Last edited by Xecutioner88; 03-26-11 at 01:28 PM.
    03-24-11 06:55 PM
    I called the 1-800-STAPLES number and they told me it will be in stores this weekend. Something is very strange about this. I think the people they have talking to the public might be confused with demo units being available? If so, this might be great anyway.
    03-24-11 07:48 PM
    I called the 1-800-STAPLES number and they told me it will be in stores this weekend. Something is very strange about this. I think the people they have talking to the public might be confused with demo units being available? If so, this might be great anyway.
    They're confusing it with the Xoom.

This seems more realistic as she confirms she was confused with the Xoom. My preorder still says "4/11/2011". who knows, this is crazyyy
    03-24-11 07:55 PM
    I'm wondering if Staples has PlayBook Demo units set up at Staples stores today. I don't live near one so can't go and check....
    03-27-11 08:31 AM
    Sooo my take on the confusion of the shipping date is:

Alot of ppl have said they called Staples and got a shipping date for "the table" of the 25th. The Xoom has been far more advertised and therefor Staples probably received alot more calls for the Xoom. The opperator picks up the phone for another inquiry about a "table" and thinks Xoom. So he/she says that it will ship on the 25th. That is the advertised ship date of the Xoom on their website. Don't you guys think it is a bit odd that the PB will ship on the same day as the Xoom? Or that a precise ship date is known buy Staples on the day it is available for pre-order, when employees at Staples have no idea what you are talking about when you inquire about the PB in stores?

So my thoughts are the ppl that are getting the 25th as the ship date have been misunderstood and were given the ship date of the Xoom.

I hope you guys are right but I doubt it will be here the first week of April.
    Looks like my feeling about the confusion was correct. More recently I was told to come in Sunday (27th) to buy the PB. Just called now and they said mid April. Im a little disappointing in the lack of knowledge of Staple employees. I mean they have been advertising on TV that they are the tech experts, but they dont know the difference in the PB and the Xoom? As of now I would say that the April 19th date is correct.
    03-27-11 09:06 AM
    Just called my local staples and informed me April 11 they will be available

03-27-11 09:11 AM
    Because in the early frenzy of preorders, some of the Staples CS reps or managers told people here they would be available this weekend. Turns out they were confusing the PB with the Xoom which was not clarified for a few days, thus this thread.

Mine is coming from BB, and I will be ecstatic if it comes on April 19th!
    03-27-11 09:17 AM
    Just went to my local Staples (central Ontario area) to shop for a new desk phone.

All the store front windows are plastered with "coming soon - Playbook" posters. Right when you come in they have a countdown calendar for the playbook - it said 23 days! Which makes it exactly April 19th...

I did not see any other displays for the PB yet.

AR
    03-27-11 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD