It's a sad day when I finally give up on my loved PB, for some time now I have tried to connect it to my Laptop Win7 with no success, why do BB not give a simple fix for this & save us alot of hassle (Iknow this hasn't happened to everyone), wifi is an option but it takes alot longer to transfer stuff accross
    03-01-13 02:37 AM
    Not being able to connect to Win7 is more likely to be the fault of your MS installation or the laptop than the PB. I've never had a problem connecting the PB to either Linux or Windows either wirelessly of via a cable. With Win7 running what happens when you connect the PB? You should get a notification from both Windows and the PB screen. Does this not happen?
    03-01-13 03:06 AM
    I'll take it off your hands!!!
    03-01-13 03:48 AM
    It's a sad day when I finally give up on my loved PB, for some time now I have tried to connect it to my Laptop Win7 with no success, why do BB not give a simple fix for this & save us alot of hassle (Iknow this hasn't happened to everyone), wifi is an option but it takes alot longer to transfer stuff accross
    Hi, It must be somethig to do with your laptop configuration/setup I think. All (working) Playbooks are going to behave more or less the same, unless you have some App causing problems, don't know if that is possible(??). My Playbook connects fine to my Windows7 laptop by WiFi and USB.

I have heard of some issues with USB where the WiFi files sharing needs to be turned off to successfully connect by USB, by personally have not had this problem.

If I were you, I would persevere a bit more. What aspect of connecting is the problem (USB or WiFi?) If WiFi, could it be a firewall setting on the Laptop? If USB, try turning WiFi File Sharing off on the Playbook and see if that helps...

EDIT: Sorry just reread your post, and I take it it is the USB connection you are having problems with(?)
    03-01-13 04:04 AM
    Thread needs new title.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    03-01-13 04:25 AM
    You will find it hard to get rid of nobody wants them I have a 32gb playbook like new still boxed tried to sell it for �75 on a Internet sites and nobody wanted it tried selling twice now.
    03-01-13 04:28 AM
    Hi, It must be somethig to do with your laptop configuration/setup I think. All (working) Playbooks are going to behave more or less the same, unless you have some App causing problems, don't know if that is possible(??). My Playbook connects fine to my Windows7 laptop by WiFi and USB.

I have heard of some issues with USB where the WiFi files sharing needs to be turned off to successfully connect by USB, by personally have not had this problem.

If I were you, I would persevere a bit more. What aspect of connecting is the problem (USB or WiFi?) If WiFi, could it be a firewall setting on the Laptop? If USB, try turning WiFi File Sharing off on the Playbook and see if that helps...

EDIT: Sorry just reread your post, and I take it it is the USB connection you are having problems with(?)
    Hi,
    I have two PC's running win7 & it's the same on both, I've turned wifi & security off but still nothing.
    When connected I do receive the win notification that it's connected but it's not listed in My Computer, as for DM It goes through the motions of connecting then says 'cancel, retry or reset', I've shut down PC & tried again I've deleted DM shut down reinstalled but still nothing, just very frustrating
    03-01-13 04:45 AM
    It's a sado connect i day when I finally give up on my loved PB, for some time now I have tried to connect it to my Laptop Win7 with no success, why do BB not give a simple fix for this & save us alot of hassle (Iknow this hasn't happened to everyone), wifi is an option but it takes alot longer to transfer stuff accross
    it is pc issue not tablet. download bb link and then try to connect it

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    03-01-13 04:48 AM
    Try disabling the WPS feature on your modem, this gave me trouble and also affected connecting via usb. Hope it helps,
    Wayne
    03-01-13 04:59 AM
    Hi,
    I have two PC's running win7 & it's the same on both, I've turned wifi & security off but still nothing.
    When connected I do receive the win notification that it's connected but it's not listed in My Computer, as for DM It goes through the motions of connecting then says 'cancel, retry or reset', I've shut down PC & tried again I've deleted DM shut down reinstalled but still nothing, just very frustrating
    Probably a stupid question, but you HAVE got USB connection turned on, and set to PC (or automatic) and not Mac.??
    03-01-13 05:05 AM
    Sometimes your playbook interferes with the win7 network settings. Change the workgroup on the playbook to one that differs on your win7 machine.
    That did the trick in my network. Streaming, copying files is no problem with Windows7. I go with Rogprov that the fault lies in your settings.

Have you got more devices in your network? Did you check your (advanced) network and sharing options?

When it's not connecting through USB, have you put your settings on automatic, is there a cable breakage perhaps?
    If you give us a little bit more information about the "how" we can help you better
    03-01-13 05:09 AM
    Tried it, still nothing.
    03-01-13 05:49 AM
    You will find it hard to get rid of nobody wants them I have a 32gb playbook like new still boxed tried to sell it for �75 on a Internet sites and nobody wanted it tried selling twice now.
    Depends on where you live. You can't find one to buy where I am, and many people are looking.

Posted from my Z10.
    03-01-13 06:01 AM
    This might sound silly, but have you changed the PlayBook settings to allow sharing? Also have you tried connecting over wifi? I am on Linux and I was as frustrated before using Google to search for a solution.
    03-01-13 09:40 AM
    While I do sympathize with wanting all the features to work properly, I find wifi sharing so darn convenient that I rarely use the usb cable. No jeopardy to the usb port, I can move files when I'm in a different room and I don't find it all that slow.
    03-01-13 10:35 AM
    Playbooks are still easy to get in the UK brand new and at a cheap price, so it's likely harder to sell used PBs here.

Both my PBs are in different locations in the house so both are WiFi'd to my PC with different drive letters (I used a great tute from this site to set up the connection). It's much more convenient than hooking them up to a cable and as F2 said, it saves mangling that fragile USB port with continual use.
    03-01-13 11:24 AM
    Try this:
    The ip address that you have to type in windows that accesses wifi access to your PlayBook is in the settings under network.

Have that screen displayed and plug it in with the USB cord then see if another ip address shows up under USB. If it does open the "Start" menu and type in // or \\ I can't remember which then the number. See if it will connect.
    Attached Thumbnails Going to get rid of my playbook-img_00000083.jpg  
    Last edited by axllebeer; 03-01-13 at 12:12 PM.
    03-01-13 11:43 AM
    Try this:
    The ip address that you have to type in windows that accesses wifi access to your PlayBook is in the settings under network.

Have that screen displayed and plug it in with the USB cord then see if another ip address shows up under USB. If it does open the "Start" menu and type in // or \\ I can't remember which then the number. See if it will connect.
    It's "\\" - they're UNC paths, not URLs.
    southlander and axllebeer like this.
    03-01-13 11:52 AM
    Connected to Win7/64 on Vaio lap'using usb. Did a backup then allowed it to dwnld the latest OS upgrade.
    Only thing odd was it indicated 2 x132mb dwnld right after the other... But no problems.

Good luck (with your Win7) !
    03-01-13 12:09 PM

�40 posted
    03-01-13 01:18 PM
    Why are you trying to sell a second hand unit for close to what I bought mine new?
    03-01-13 03:03 PM
    Bought mine new for $118 CAD = �76!
    03-01-13 04:32 PM
    I do the same and I have even gotten smart and have mapped it as a drive. I also transfer my movies and such that way..
    While I do sympathize with wanting all the features to work properly, I find wifi sharing so darn convenient that I rarely use the usb cable. No jeopardy to the usb port, I can move files when I'm in a different room and I don't find it all that slow.
    03-01-13 04:53 PM
    Had the same problem. It is not with blackberry. To fix the problem I had to uninstall Blackberry desktop software and download a new copy.The new copy had to be saved to the computer with the "Save as" option. Once the software is saved to the computer it can be installed by right click and "run as administator". Run will not install the software properly and problems will result. Good luck hope this works for you.
    Solution no longer applies. Desktop has been changed to Blackberry Link.
    Sometimes it is a problem with pc security software as i am having that problem with Blackberry link and have to disable virus and firewall to back up and transfer files from playbook
    Last edited by Wilsonia Goldens; 03-02-13 at 01:08 PM. Reason: No longer applies
    03-01-13 05:30 PM
    Either the thread title needs to be changed or this thread moved to the "Leaving BB" subforum.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-01-13 09:31 PM
35 12