So, my question is: will i be able to update my PB while on vacation in Costa Rica if the new OS is made available while away? Honestly, i would prefer to bring my IPad with me for the movies, native emai, etc, if i will not be able to update my PB in CR. This question is only pertinent if the new OS is not available before i leave for vacation. Bot, i am very excited about OS2 and want to have my PB with me IF i will be able to install it in Costa Rica. Thanks.
    02-02-12 06:21 AM
    So, my question is: will i be able to update my PB while on vacation in Costa Rica if the new OS is made available while away? Honestly, i would prefer to bring my IPad with me for the movies, native emai, etc, if i will not be able to update my PB in CR. This question is only pertinent if the new OS is not available before i leave for vacation. Bot, i am very excited about OS2 and want to have my PB with me IF i will be able to install it in Costa Rica. Thanks.
    Check with the hotel you are staying at and see if they offer free Wi-Fi! If it is, then take the PB just in case. Take both the iPad and PB I'm hoping there is an official announcement coming soon that will answer your question.

P.S. If you're married, I would leave both of them behind!
    02-02-12 06:50 AM
    yes you can update in costa rica!!!!!
    02-02-12 07:34 AM
    Thanks Guys, the hotel does have free wifi, so I gather I am good to update while in Costa Rica.
    02-02-12 08:26 AM
    The only thing I used my BlackBerry for while in Costa Rica was for an alarm clock...
    02-02-12 08:45 AM
    I say put the electronics away and enjoy the vacation!!!!!!!!!
    02-02-12 08:47 AM
    When you do get the update, you may get a Costa Rica specific selection of third party apps. For example, some of the games like Tetris and Need For Speed may not be available there. In the past this was a problem with people buying the PlayBook in the USA and taking them home. When they got their first OS update things were missing. In the early days of the PlayBook, I think the Chinese users even lost AppWorld.
    02-02-12 09:14 AM
    I do see where you're coming from, if you are only going to be beaching it in Costa Rica @ one location... one Hotel, etc. Also for the flight travel there, the PlayBook would be nice.

When I went, we traveled all over the country - it was an adventurous fun vacation. Whatever you do, enjoy it & get lost in another country instead of the electronics

Playa Tamarindo sunset from my vacation there in 2007!
    02-02-12 10:24 AM
    I do see where you're coming from, if you are only going to be beaching it in Costa Rica @ one location... one Hotel, etc. Also for the flight travel there, the PlayBook would be nice.

When I went, we traveled all over the country - it was an adventurous fun vacation. Whatever you do, enjoy it & get lost in another country instead of the electronics

Click to view quoted image

Playa Tamarindo sunset from my vacation there in 2007!
    Awesome pic, thanks for sharing!

OP, enjoy your vacation. The update isn't going anywhere.

In fact, the first week might be frustrating with so many people trying to download it, and iron out any wrinkles. Let them do the hard work, while you kick back, enjoying the view, drink in hand, laughing your a$$ off....
    02-02-12 11:37 AM
    I'm in the same boat as the OP, I'm leaving for my house in Belize on Feb 12th. I have satellite internet from Galaxy Broadband. I have a 400 meg a day upload limit, but unlimited between (I think) 2am and 6am EST. No way my Playbook is staying home or not getting updated to 2.xxx My PB take all trips with me...I don't think I'll have any issues as the IP shows it is from the USA.
    02-02-12 11:54 AM
    Updating your OS while travelling might be opening up a can of worms if there are any problems. There is a bit of risk there, in opening up the door for problems to occur.

If you wait however... think of things this way. Coming home from vacation is often a bit depressing, knowing that it is over... waiting to upgrade to 2.0 when you return home will be something to look forward to, and a positive slant on the end of your vacation
    02-02-12 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD