I recently picked up a Goflex Home 2 Tb NAS -- not the Wifi Satellite version. I tried to install the converted .APK to the PB, but while it runs, it stops after asking for Adobe Air to be installed. Someone could probably edit the .APK, as Air is already installed on the PB, though it might be looking for a newer version.

If you try to use the browser to stream, by entering the URL http://goflex_home, the address will not be resolved properly. If you use the IP of the Goflex, you will get access to the web home page.

From here, you can access your shares and administer the Goflex. The page runs in Flash. When you try to stream a video, you might get a message saying that that video type is not supported by Flash, but if it is an Xvid or MP4, it should stream fine, at least, mine did. I was able to view the videos full screen on the PB, pause and skip forward. I only saw one minor hiccup in the video. This was all connected to the same home network through a wireless router.

One tip, create a user account for the PB, and log in as that account if you want to stream. Two instances of the same user cannot be logged in at the same time.

I had a hard time scrolling the screen in the browser, but if I tapped the nav bar at the side I was able to get it to jump. I did not try using my BT mouse or my BB as a controller.

Cheers,

Mark M.
    thedark722 and DavidM348 like this.
    08-08-12 08:13 AM
    I am sure that this info will help someone.
    08-08-12 10:20 AM
    Just picked up the 3 GB on sale at Office Depot - thanks for the info!
    11-20-12 08:18 PM
    Is the Goflex running an ARM processor? If it is, you could probably install a Linux distro on it like ArchLinux and set up a samba share. Then you could use something like Ghost Commander to stream right from the share.
    11-20-12 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD