Gmail now has ability to draw on-screen. There are several drawing type options and the drawings are saved as an attachment.

Several weeks ago there was an attempt at attachments for documents and pics but it did not work and the paperclip button quickly disappeared. Just this morning I noticed the drawing 'button' on top right of the compose page.

When did this happen?
    12-26-11 12:04 PM
    When?

Well, between several weeks ago and this morning.

12-26-11 12:35 PM
    it happened about 2 weeks ago. it is also now built in to the official gmail app for iOS. havent found much of a use for it though.
    12-26-11 12:58 PM
    I can see see a couple of uses for this function for out of the office scenarios:

1/ Contracts can be saved as drafts beforehand and while at client's place of business, if the deal is accepted, a client can now sign acceptance of the contract with copies sent to client, business owner, lawyers, etc.

2/ For retailer that accepts credit card payments and does in-home or out of store sales, create a credit card payment form that can be signed by a customer.
    12-26-11 02:04 PM
    I can see see a couple of uses for this function for out of the office scenarios:

1/ Contracts can be saved as drafts beforehand and while at client's place of business, if the deal is accepted, a client can now sign acceptance of the contract with copies sent to client, business owner, lawyers, etc.

2/ For retailer that accepts credit card payments and does in-home or out of store sales, create a credit card payment form that can be signed by a customer.
    i dont think anyone would want to use gmail for CC / signing. is it even legally binding if you're not actually signing the digital document and you have to cut/paste the signature onto it?

im pretty sure most places who are moving onto these mobile solutions are using/going to be using https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=I26Dsczy

unfortunately, its only iphone, ipad and android friendly. i highly doubt you will EVER see this sort of complete-package-polish for the blackberry or playbook any time soon.
    12-26-11 02:37 PM
    I hope the pic attachment bit of gmail comes back soon, i use this quite a bit.
    12-26-11 02:38 PM
    you can still do it...just switch to basic or html...picture provided
    cogsinister likes this.
    12-26-11 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD