I didn't find anywhere I can change the display name, the name that shows as from field when other people receive my email. With IMAP account there is option to set display name, but not the normal account set up.
    06-25-12 09:38 PM
    You need to configure this from within Google itself, I believe under Account Options on their website
    06-26-12 01:03 AM
    You need to configure this from within Google itself, I believe under Account Options on their website
    I did that. When I send emails using web browser or my 9810 from my Gmail account, both ways show the display name I want it to be. But when I send email using playbook's native email, it show as a different name. That is why I'm asking here.
    06-26-12 05:54 AM
    In what way is it different? Just done a test from my google apps account which is setup an activesync account rather than imap and it displays my normal display name.
    06-26-12 06:49 AM
    From Settings navigate to Accounts; the pencil; the Email account setup. In the description field type (insert name here), in the display field leave it blank.
    Then open messages, swipe down from the top, navigate to settings; Email preferences
    Click the account you want to adjust and change the signature to: (insert name here) that will work
    06-26-12 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD