Hi,

My Gmail account on the PB is not synching with my BB. When deleting on the PB it stays on my BB.
    In my account settings all 3 synch options are ON....

When deleting an e-mail, he just asks me if I'm sure I want to remove permanently remove it, not where I want to remove it...

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thx

Manu
    02-23-12 03:46 AM
    I have the same issue.
    02-23-12 06:55 AM
    Seems to be that the PB doesn't move the emails into the deleted folder. It only removes the inbox label, which basically "Archives" the email rather than deletes it.
    02-23-12 08:34 AM
    Have you added your gmail to your BIS account?
    02-23-12 09:17 AM
    I got my Gmail to sync, but only seems to recieve e-mails to go directly to the inbox.

If I have messages being filtered to go to a different folder directly rather than Inbox, it wont show up or notify me on the PB.

Anyone know if this is a common issue?
    02-23-12 09:49 AM
    It's Gmail could not sync to other devices ones email has been delivered. Not pb or bb phones issue.
    Bash_Man likes this.
    02-23-12 10:02 AM
    It's Gmail could not sync to other devices ones email has been delivered. Not pb or bb phones issue.
    Thanks for the clarification
    02-23-12 10:06 AM
    Gmail working great and synchs immediately for me.
    02-23-12 10:16 AM
    Gmail working great and synchs immediately for me.
    Do you have filtered messages that when recieved, they go directly to another Folder and skip the inbox?

thats the thing I've noticed. If i lets say get a message from amazon.ca customer service, it'll go directly into my amazon.ca folder, it wont be in the inbox. Something like that wont show up on my PB, but if I go to gmail on the web or mobile gmail on my PB using brower it'll show up in that folder, but not native PB message app.
    02-23-12 10:49 AM
    My Gmail account on the PB is not synching with my BB. When deleting on the PB it stays on my BB.
    Here's my experience with gmail syncing between PB and BB so far (sorry, no solution to your problem):

Email #1 deleted from gmail web interface, immediately removed on PB and after a few hours removed on BB.

Email #2 deleted from PB, immediately removed from gmail web inbox, but never disappears from unified BB inbox.

But, after looking a bit further, it seems that email #2 was deleted from the gmail inbox (which I keep hidden since I use the unified inbox for all email accounts). For some reason, it is not removed from the unified inbox like email #1.

As lsantiagog said above, it appears to be an issue with how PB handles labeling and deletion.
    manumoskal likes this.
    02-23-12 11:12 AM
    I did some searching around on the web and like Auditman mentioned, it is a Gmail issue, not a PB.

When a message is filtered and sent to a different folder (Skip Inbox: Archive), it doesnt go through the box, hence why it doesnt notify or sync with PB.
    02-23-12 11:15 AM
    So does the filtering explanation also apply to Gmail labels/folders? I have many labels/folders in my gmail, the list of which I can see in my PB, but each gmail label/folder is empty on my PB.

Also, for some reason, my PB messaging app doesn't show all the messages in my gmail inbox...only those that were received after Feb 21...ie. after the OS 2 update. what's up with that?

Contacts and calendar seem to sync fine, although I don't use my gmail calendar.

Not impressed. So I'm am now back to Gmail via browser because this messaging app simply doesn't cut it.
    02-27-12 06:54 AM
    I am having the same issue started on Sunday 2/26/12 says Account Invalid. First I thought password changed password then I deleted and readded to play book and same issue.
    02-27-12 07:21 AM
    Seems to be that the PB doesn't move the emails into the deleted folder. It only removes the inbox label, which basically "Archives" the email rather than deletes it.
    Exactly, that is the announced behavior of gmail when accessed by the IMAP protocol:

| Deleting IMAP messages - Gmail Help

If you delete a message from your inbox or one of your custom folders in your IMAP1 client, it will still appear in [Gmail]/All Mail.

Here's why: in most folders, deleting a message simply removes that folder's label from the message, including the label identifying the message as being in your inbox. [Gmail]/All Mail shows all of your messages, whether or not they have labels attached to them. If you want to delete a message from all folders, move it to the [Gmail]/Trash folder.

If you delete a message from [Gmail]/Spam or [Gmail]/Trash, it will be deleted permanently.

See this list of how gmail actions correspond to IMAP access:

| How do actions sync in IMAP? - Gmail Help

A foot note repeats the same info: "**When you delete messages in IMAP clients, it removes the message from your Gmail inbox but doesn't permanently delete the message. Be careful if you're trying to purge sensitive information. "

However, I don't think that is supposed to happen if the client accesses gmail with the ActiveSync protocol (i.e., "Google Sync").

In these discussions of missing folders and such, how are your gmail accounts configured: IMAP or Google Sync?
    02-27-12 07:42 AM
    So does the filtering explanation also apply to Gmail labels/folders? I have many labels/folders in my gmail, the list of which I can see in my PB, but each gmail label/folder is empty on my PB.

Also, for some reason, my PB messaging app doesn't show all the messages in my gmail inbox...only those that were received after Feb 21...ie. after the OS 2 update. what's up with that?

Contacts and calendar seem to sync fine, although I don't use my gmail calendar.

Not impressed. So I'm am now back to Gmail via browser because this messaging app simply doesn't cut it.
    If the filtered messages don't go into the in box due to a rule/filter then it won't give new mail notice. It'll eventually sync if you have the folder open, but it won't show new ail like it does with the inbox.
    02-27-12 09:54 AM
    It'll eventually sync if you have the folder open ...
    Is the folder sync occuring for a "Google Sync" (= ActiveSync) gmail account? Or are you using IMAP for this account? I've seen several complaints that IMAP never synchronizes folders.
    02-27-12 12:47 PM
    This email is weird. Gmail, pop, no calendar and no contacts. I keep getting the same message over and over. I sent myself a test email from the my bridged account which is different with a subject of test and body of test.

What do I get? The email from me with the body and subject of the dang email that is looping telling me I have new mail. I deleted all mail in the browser and started all over. What is up with this craziness?
    02-27-12 01:03 PM
    02-27-12 01:24 PM
    nothing I try works.
    I just can't seem to get it to sync seamlessly, without a lag or hitting refresh/sync apps.
    And even then, it's not sycning to all of them all the time.
    02-27-12 01:39 PM
    Same here: only my Gmail messages dated Feb 21 or later seem to be syncing... In all folders.
    03-03-12 12:56 AM
    Same here: only my Gmail messages dated Feb 21 or later seem to be syncing... In all folders.
    Your gmail account is almost certainly an ActiveSync account on the PlayBook.

For an ActiveSync account, the PlayBook has an option named "Message Sync Timeframe" (in advanced setup).

The PlayBook should not sync older messages that do not lie in the Sync Timeframem.

When a message on the PlayBook is older than the "Message Sync Timeframe," I would imagine that it would disappear from the PlayBook (but of course remain on the server). Is that what actually happens, or does the Sync Timeframe only apply to the initial synchronization period?

Some email clients on mobile devices do not seem to be designed to hold all the email on a IMAP or ActiveSync server. They just provide a window into the most recent emails and certain selected subfolders. Windows Phone has a similar option for ActiveSync accounts. I have read that the "indefinite" option actually means 6 months.
    03-03-12 08:26 AM
    I had that happen to me.. all the sudden one day I turned my PB on and 3/4 of my e-mails were gone. I am 100% sure I had my sync date to 30 days and all the e-mails that dissapeared were less than 30 days. I tried to re-setup my gmail and only the last 5 messages showed up, which were the same 5 that were there after the first chunk was gone. but that set of e-mails that were gone were still in my gmail inbox on my gmail account.
    03-03-12 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD