Hey guys,

So I am using my playbook as my primary device since yesterday when my 9930 gave me that java 515 error or whatever it is (im away for the weekend and cant fix it till i get to my computer).

Anyway, this is the first time I am trying to send emails not over bridge. I loaded gmail and all it gives me is an empty inbox that says "no offline messages". Is there something I have to do to make gmail work on my playbook?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    11-06-11 12:23 PM
    (trying to attach a screenshot from the playbook is annoying, btw. Hopefully this works)
    11-06-11 12:27 PM
    This might help a bit... try going to https://mail.google.com from your playbook, presuming your wifi works.
    11-06-11 12:35 PM
    I followed that link and it did the same thing. That link works for you?
    11-06-11 12:46 PM
    Hey guys,

So I am using my playbook as my primary device since yesterday when my 9930 gave me that java 515 error or whatever it is (im away for the weekend and cant fix it till i get to my computer).

Anyway, this is the first time I am trying to send emails not over bridge. I loaded gmail and all it gives me is an empty inbox that says "no offline messages". Is there something I have to do to make gmail work on my playbook?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Go into your browser options menu to privacy and security, scroll down and hit clear cache and memory or clear all, then give it another try.
    11-06-11 12:58 PM
    I was having the same issues till I used this tip from another Crackberry user. Instead of using the mobile view, I always get the desktop view now. Check it out. YouTube - PlayBook: Easy Gmail Desktop View Trick

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    kmcobra64, diegonei, RAG78 and 1 others like this.
    11-06-11 01:06 PM
    Same issues on iPhone4
    11-06-11 01:30 PM
    I was having the same issues till I used this tip from another Crackberry user. Instead of using the mobile view, I always get the desktop view now. Check it out. YouTube - PlayBook: Easy Gmail Desktop View Trick

worked like a charm, thanks!
    11-06-11 06:56 PM
    This Gmail issue bothered me a lot initially. Thanks elchavodellethbridge for sharing the video.
    11-06-11 10:10 PM
    This Gmail issue bothered me a lot initially. Thanks elchavodellethbridge for sharing the video.
    hey LimeTripBlog, thanks for the video. I hope you don't mind me sending people to your tip. It helped me a lot.

LimeTripBlog likes this.
    11-07-11 08:02 AM
    You can accomplish the same thing by scrolling to the bottom if your inbox messages in tablet view. There you will see Basic HTML and desktop view options.

Did you try clearing your cache and cookies to rectify the original issue?
    11-07-11 11:25 AM
    You can accomplish the same thing by scrolling to the bottom if your inbox messages in tablet view. There you will see Basic HTML and desktop view options.

Huh ... I cleared the cache and cookies and it works. Why is that? Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-07-11 04:39 PM
    Huh ... I cleared the cache and cookies and it works. Why is that? Thanks for the tip!
    Sometimes the pipes just get filled with crap and ya gotta clean em' out!

For some reason that gmail app is sensitive to getting it's 0's and 1's confused with old cache memory or cookies.
    11-07-11 07:14 PM

That's what I was doing until I saw the video above; much more efficient using the direct desktop view link.
    11-07-11 10:30 PM
    hey LimeTripBlog, thanks for the video. I hope you don't mind me sending people to your tip. It helped me a lot.

I made that video with an intension to help people, i'm glad you shared it.
    11-08-11 06:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD